“Try something Different!”

Deagan's Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #24 of 145 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Deagan's Kitchen & Bar is a chef-driven gastropub that features 28 craft beers on draft and over 70 craft beers in the bottle.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great beer selection and what a menu. Every time I'm here I try something new that I wouldn't elsewhere and I'm always impressed. Perfect fit for Lakewood. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love Deagan's Vegan Night every Wednesday (In addition to the regular menu). They have a wonderful Chef who specializes in Vegan cuisine and it's amazing!!! Even if your not a Vegan or a Vegetarian you will love it. Please try it you will not regret it!!! It will make you go "WOW". I'm a vegetarian and if I could be that creative and cook meals like they serve on Vegan night - I would be a Vegan 100% of the time. Great addition to Downtown Lakewood. :)

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have gone to this place 5 times since it opened. The first time I was served with a dirty coffee cup. A friend convinced me to go times 2,3, and 4 which were ok. Now, the 5th time I once again am served on dirty dishes.

Won't go back even at the behest of friends.

1  Thank James J
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I have been to Deagan's several times (lunch only) and have always had a wonderful experience. They change their menu seasonally, taking advantage of the locally grown items whenever possible. The falafel patties are fried perfectly, light and flavorful with a crisp salad, pulled pork sandwich with fries was delicious, fish tacos (when available) are wonderful. Something for everyone's taste on the lunch and dinner menu. Warm wood and brick look to the restaurant and large bar area (including Christmas Story Leg lamps). The servers are experienced and efficient. Frankly, we think it is much better than Melt down the street and usually less crowded. As you would expect, there is a great selection of beers and fair prices.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

What it is not.
I found the food interesting and experimental but not always to my taste.
The large TVs are always a bad sign for me - screams sports bar, noise, distraction. Deagen's is a pretty, cavernous interior with a large, friendly U-shaped bar. A second quieter party room exists where we were lucky enough to be seated. Parking is abundant and to the back of the building.
The staff is fairly friendly and efficient. The place was backed.
Lamb stew is one of my favorite dishes. I noticed that of the three members with stew of our party of seven, none of them finished it. A lot of poking and prodding of the food went on but not a lot of eating. The exotic flavor did not seem to blend with the environment. On the way out I heard one mutter, "I won't order that again."
The french fries were great.
The hamburger was problematical. Lots of pretzel bun (rather tasty - made the burger look huge) but very little meat. What there was was quite good.
For the price the burger was a bit of a cheat.
Other food at the table met with varying degrees of success.
No one who got a drink said anything about the drink one way or the other.
I might go back but not in any hurry. For the young crowd in the neighborhood with some cash in their pockets this might be fine and fun.