“Love the Brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast
Lakewood, Ohio
“Love the Brunch”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Mimosas are served with a flower in it which is a very nice touch. I loved the Combo that is served for brunch. It is just enough food and it is delish!!!! Parking can be challenging but it is worth having to walk. My husband liked the food but he prefers a buffet and that is not an option here. I can not wait to go back. Our friends who go here often said that service is usually excellent. Our waitress may have been new so I will not comment on the service except to say I hope next time the service is better.

• Visited July 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“Amazing hamburgers and sweet potato fries!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love coming here. I come here during the day for lunch and at night for drinks. I come alone, with friends, and I even had my bachelorette lunch there! It's great for all occasions. Good prices, delicious food. The sweet potato fries are some of the best I have ever had. The hamburger is juicy and flavorful. The fish is also good.

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Old School Place”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The West End is a classic Lakewood storefront bar. I have been coming here for beer and football since the 80s. A few decades back, they began to serve brunch, and the food is great. Sunday Brunch starts at 10 am, and by 10:30 the place is full. Service is quick and friendly, and the food is delightful. But, anytime you want a drink or a beer, this great, traditional place is a perfect stop.

• Visited September 2013
Strongsville, Ohio, United States
“Really Mediocre”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I don't know what place these other folks are reviewing, maybe we just went on a bad day? We missed lunch and got there about 2 p.m. so maybe the timing was our fault? There were 5 people in the place including my Wife and I. You would think that we would be served very quickly.

One of the specials was Memphis barbeque brisket. I love brisket, and have had it all over the states, while tender it was very fatty, and came cold. (after a 45 minute wait) I was told the meal was all homemade, but the coleslaw appeared to be bought, and the baked beans tasted old and from a can. My wife ordered a simple cheeseburger. NO frills, no fuss or muss. Ordered medium, it came well done and the cheese was not even melted on it, like it was fake cheese.

The bun was stale, the lettuce leaf was brown and obviously old, the best thing about her meal were the krinkle cut frozen fries. Normally we would have sent the stuff back, but after 45 minutes wait (unexplainable) and being very hungry, we both ate a portion of the meal and got out of there, never to return.

The bartender was very friendly and she made a great lemonade, so maybe it is a great place to hang out and drink. Honestly, I do not normally take time to write bad reviews, life is too short but it is so risky to try new places with your hard earned money that I vowed to never do so again without reading a TripAdvisor review first.

Sorry West End Tavern but excellent places, NEVER, miss things like a very obviously old brown piece of lettuce, or a day old stale bun (even though it was toasted)

We won't be back, but that's okay, it appears that you have a lot of loyal fans per the other reviews shown.

• Visited July 2013
Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brunch & bloody marys--good food & value”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This small bar serves unusually good weekend brunches. It is a bit hard to find, & parking & seating can be a challenge at peak times. But a little early or late, no problem. We enjoyed variations on eggs benedict, pancakes, french toast (stuffed or not). Many are served with berries, potatoes, and/or bacon, sausage. Most are about $10, plentiful enough for a take-home box. Good bloody marys are half what fancier places charge. Service somewhat scattered. Handicapped access is awkward, but the bartender is exceptionally helpful to manage that.

• Visited July 2013