“Average Stay, Good Location”

Travelodge Cleveland Lakewood
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakewood
ROLLA
“Average Stay, Good Location”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I picked this hotel because of its low rates and excellent location. It's really close to downtown Cleveland, where I was traveling to, and was in a nice little city (Lakewood). The room was clean, but dimly lit and the walls were pretty thin. The mattress felt like it was cardboard, but again, I was expecting much for $50 a night. The continental breakfast was not so good, since the bagels were stale and the milk was warm. However, the staff were very friendly and efficient -- check-in and check-out was a breeze.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
PLAINWELL
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice location west of downtown tucked between tall apt bldgs-an upscale area. Very nice older style motel. We were given a room on the second floor in front.No problems with noise from outside or from other guests. Very easy to find our way around Cleveland from there without having to take highways. Room was clean. Cable tv was fine. Bathroom with tub and shower (and hair dryer). We will recommend this site to others and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

2 Thank CYNTHIA S
CINCINNATI
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went to this hotel based on my positive previous Experience with Travelodge. Nonetheless I found the beds to be very poor quality and the room had a lot of dust and hair all over the Bedroom and bathroom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Travelers are raving about these Lakewood hotels

Manhattan Beach
Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you are looking for a low cost "budget" hotel, this place is a good choice. Granted, it's a little "worn", but I found the room itself to be in good condition and clean. The lobby and hallway carpets appear dirty and leave a bad impression, but overall, I would recommend it since the location is right in the heart of the "gold coast" residential area and very quiet. You'll find some nice eateries and pubs right around the corner, as well as a grocery store. The staff is very nice. The only other negative observation is that the entire public area smelled like smoke, if that is an issue for you. My room itself, did not. They provide free wireless, as well as a basic continental breakfast.

Room Tip: I had one of their studio rooms with a king bed and separate dining area with table, 4 chairs, sink...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 21, 2012

"We accidentally stayed there for 1 night. It was a Thursday and it was dark..." We seriously felt like we were part of a police/black novel, since the hotel looked sketchy, had a terrible smell and a shady atmosphere since we stepped in. The system was down so we couldn't check in, the lady gave us the keys anyway so we went to our room only to find that the room wasn't really clean and had a terrible smell. We checked the sheet and they had some kind of wheel stains (weird, I know!). The person who cleaned the bathroom must have opened the door and cleaned whatever it was in his/her sight, since when we went to the bathroom and closed the door there were hairs and dirt in the area behind the door. The room's rug felt terrible, so we didn't want to take our shoes off. Finally, the breakfast was bad as well, only few items and they weren't fresh or anything like that. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in (and I have stayed in pretty poor places!).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank elmundoaldia
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Dirty rooms clothes rack was falling off the wall. On the phone I informed the attendant that I needed the small refrigerator in the room to store my medications, he swore that one would be put in the room. When my wife and I got there the attendant denied that the promise was made. Needless to say the two days we were there I had none. The carpet was in very bad condition and soiled. The bed clothes were soiled and did not look to have been washed. I will never stay there again. The attendant spoke almost no english and understood even less.
This may be the last time I use CheapHotels.com S their providers are Nasty and provive wry nasty quarters.
Danny Lewis White, Sr, MACM

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Drury Plaza Hotel Cleveland Downtown
Hilton Cleveland Downtown
#3 of 38 in Cleveland
Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square
Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade

Been to Travelodge Cleveland Lakewood? Share your experiences!