Lake Metroparks Penitentiary Glen Reservation
Open today: 6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Outstanding Park

A wonderful visitor’s center, hiking trails, lots of things for kids and adults, Penitentiary Glen... read more

Reviewed October 6, 2018
StigJim
Alliance, Ohio
via mobile
The Beauty of Mother Nature Preserved

From recovering Birds of prey to a beautiful park with pavilions and paths to walk and ponds to... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2018
MikeB285
Concord, Ohio

All reviews nature center beautiful park hiking trails live animals kids and adults all ages play area wonderful place on display halle gorge glen wildlife penitentiary hike winter rehabilitated
Reviewed August 7, 2017

I loved the nature center and I learned a lot....especially about poison ivy and butterflies. I made a special trip to see the wildlife center right next to the nature center and was very happy to see the two attractions in the same place. There was something new and interesting at every turn. There is also a cool gift shop, walking trails, a super photo exhibit and animal displays of every kind....even a white deer. I caught myself going back in time and I was like a young child amazed as I moved through the nature center touching pelts and seeing living things up close. This is a wonderful place and the staff was kind to me with all my questions. I wish I lived near this Lake County Metropark gem as I would be a regular. A visit here is time very well spent!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

This park has a ton of trails, amazing bird exhibit, lots of wildlife ( often see rat snakes) and has a new area for the kids that is awesome!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

This was an amazing place to visit with our kids. So many fun things to do and so many animals to look at. I would come back again when we are visiting family!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 1, 2017

This is one of the parks I visit most often. Although you must register for the guided Gorge hikes, I highly recommend that you check the website and schedule yourself for one of those -- it's a wonderful adventure any time of the year. A new nature play area will open soon -- be sure to check that out. Inside the Nature Center you'll find both historical and ecological displays as well as a viewing area for birds and a nicely stocked nature store. Paved and crushed stone hiking trails are available as well as a viewing area for rehabilitated birds next to the Wildlife Center.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed February 15, 2017

Nice park for walk, cross country skiing. In the summertime lots of programs for kids, medium size of group gatherings. There is a gorge in the park,not too deep,steps are easy to manage.

Date of experience: August 2016