“Loved The Nature Center.......Learned A Lot !”

Lake Metroparks Penitentiary Glen Reservation
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Kirtland
Reviewed August 7, 2017

I loved the nature center and I learned a lot....especially about poison ivy and butterflies. I made a special trip to see the wildlife center right next to the nature center and was very happy to see the two attractions in the same place. There was something new and interesting at every turn. There is also a cool gift shop, walking trails, a super photo exhibit and animal displays of every kind....even a white deer. I caught myself going back in time and I was like a young child amazed as I moved through the nature center touching pelts and seeing living things up close. This is a wonderful place and the staff was kind to me with all my questions. I wish I lived near this Lake County Metropark gem as I would be a regular. A visit here is time very well spent!

Date of experience: August 2017
in 6 reviews
"rehabilitated"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 10, 2017

This park has a ton of trails, amazing bird exhibit, lots of wildlife ( often see rat snakes) and has a new area for the kids that is awesome!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

This was an amazing place to visit with our kids. So many fun things to do and so many animals to look at. I would come back again when we are visiting family!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 1, 2017

This is one of the parks I visit most often. Although you must register for the guided Gorge hikes, I highly recommend that you check the website and schedule yourself for one of those -- it's a wonderful adventure any time of the year. A new nature play area will open soon -- be sure to check that out. Inside the Nature Center you'll find both historical and ecological displays as well as a viewing area for birds and a nicely stocked nature store. Paved and crushed stone hiking trails are available as well as a viewing area for rehabilitated birds next to the Wildlife Center.

Date of experience: April 2017