“Good Food horrible Breakfast Lunch Service”

Frisch's Big Boy Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 68 Restaurants in Kettering
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I normally do drive thru because the inside staff during the day is just terrible. I've never seen a bunch of women that hate life so much in the same area. I didn't realize my son could eat free and the waitress didn't even bother bringing it up the first time I went in there. Taking my order seemed like a hassle for 2 breakfast bars and a drinks. The waitress didn't bother to offer me anything else or give me anything that went with my order I found out about. At first I just thought it was odd that they offer certain things on the bar that need another item such as corn-beef gravy but no bread. The day shift servers just hate life it seems with the attitude they have. They have one guy server who is the only one that doesn't seem to have an attitude and actually checks on his tables and is friendly I actually stopped him because my son was out of drink and he got it no bad attitude or anything like the others had.
The greeter girl was a younger person and she seemed nice also and didn't have this horrible demeanor the others had she was even nice enough to smile and say by as I left. The cashier I had was another girl in her 20s and she was also nice so in the entire store minus the people at drive thru that Ive never had issues with either they take the worse employees and stick them out on the floor. I'm not sure what this manager is thinking but they need to let go all these pissed off old ladies and replace them with people that are nicer and happier with life.
Now don't let this turn you off from eating here the food is good just make sure to either ask for the guy waiter or get one of the younger girls otherwise your going to get a couple sides of attitude with your meal.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I was in town visiting family and apparently they are regulars at Frisch's Big Boy Restaurant here in Kettering, OH. After landing in Dayton, I had their shrimp plate and sweet potato fries which were very good for a diner. The prices were fair and no different than Waffle House, Huddle House, IHOP, or Shoney's. If you're looking for something different from the previously mentioned, its a good alternative and would probably be preferrable as well. I'll go back when I'm in town again.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Had their breakfast buffet here. Normal Frisch's breakfast buffet so nothing to complain about, nor rave about. Service was okay, and the staff is friendly. Nice clean and relatively new location.