“Cheap, Fairly Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Kent/Akron Area

Super 8 Kent/Akron Area
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Cheap, Fairly Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

All in all, this place is cheap. you get what you pay for, and there aren't many extras in which I did not expect. In an ok location, it is close to the highway. You are right near a days inn and hampton inn. The room was pretty good for the price.....it was clean everywhere except for the bed itself. For some weird reason the one sheet had a major stain/major fray that was a little concerning but I am not too picky when it comes to sleeping in the beds (just no bed bugs in which there were none!). The bathroom was ok, pretty normal. But really, for the price it is not a bad hotel. Do not expect any amazing rooms. As said below, not even a hello or goodbye from the staff. I don't care too much but something simple as that would improve a small experience. All in all through, I travel for business and am on the go. I do not care too much about service just the room itself; although it is a great bonus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
TIPPECANOE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We checked in with a online rate through Windham Rewards. We were walk in guest's and the original rate that was given was about $15.00 higher than before we reserved online nearby. We explained we have a dog about 12 lbs. and agnolaged the pet fee of $10.00. Our dog was reserved as "That thing". She was totally rude to us and put out. When we finally arrived to our room we found the bed was horribly filthy. Covered by a mattress pad (felt) and a flat sheet. Realizing this later, I do have to say the Gentelman at the desk by morning was quite polite. He moved our room across the hall. And apologized for inconveinience. Although better I can't help but feel we were placed in the poorest room's the had because of our rate. We will for now on go to the Super 8 in Green Ohio when we come to visit family and friends. I actually had to rearange the room light's in the second room #122 so the lamp's reached the electrical outlet's and the fridge!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I found this establishment to be adequate for my four day stay while there on business. I was leery after reading some of the feedback left below, but I did not encounter ANY of the issues mentioned by others. The room was clean. The staff was very accomodating and being located right off the highway was a definite bonus. Whenver I pass through the Kent area again, I will definitely consider this property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

TROY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

No towels in room and unflushed toilet. But the night front desk person was friendly and helpful. Will come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Hampton Inn Kent/Akron Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#3 of 3 in Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Super 8 Kent/Akron Area? Share your experiences!