“Good Value enjoyable stay”

Super 8 Kent/Akron Area
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Good Value enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

For a one night stay this super 8 was conveniently located of the highway, good parking especially if you are towing a trailer, camper or boat...freindly staff, coffee in the room was welcome, and the continentakl breakfast was much appreciated.
Price was lower than other hotel/motels in area, so if you need to sleep for the night and get going the next day..this place is perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rokville, M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed for four nights and back home several days later I had lots of itchy bedbug bites on legs and arms. Couldnt feel the bites when they happened but that's common my doctor says. This motel had bedbugs reported last August, and i should have avoided the place. May have to fumigate my house if I brought the bugs back. .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Kent hotels

Brownhills, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Hotel is a bit tired, but then you get what you pay for, and this is a Super 8, not the Bellagio!
Was clean and comfortable, and I didnt see any bed bugs or evidence of them.

Nice friendly guy on the reception desk in the evening, and the breakfast in the morning was good too.
Great location, just down the road from banks/restaurants and interstate.
Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 123NeilyB
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

First floor bugs in the bed!! Don't know if they were bed bugs but I was bitten!! The first floor smells like a basement. The box spring and mattress had a covering on them. That's a sign of bugs. Don't stay there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband thought it would be a good idea to stay here since we were leaving to go home at 7am. I hate germs and this was the WORST place for me to stay! The bathroom was disgusting with mold around the tub, the room smelled like mildew and I didn't sleep all night from being uncomfortable and the smell! I had my shirt over my nose the entire time to keep from barfing!! They should turn their light off, remodel and use some plug ins! I will NEVER stay here again! I will gladly spend $100 to stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites across the street for a few hours or sleep in my car!

• Stayed August 2011
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

After reading the reviews, I thought this would be a decent hotel. So wrong, the room I had on the 2nd floor had bed bugs. Small insects had bitten me and when I inspected closer you could see little insects against the white sheets. When I sat on the other double bed looking for another hotel I noticed red insects crawling on the comforter. I switched rooms that night to a king bed from 2 double beds and it seemed a little better. I mentioned to the hotel clerk that there were bugs in the room and he mentioned "we don't usually get them". The problem I had in the new room, the phone did not work and it took over an hour and the problem was still not resolved. No management staff was available. At that point I checked out and went to Days Inn which was better.

The continental breakfast is not desirable and it didn't look fresh. They had Eggo waffles, cereal and powered juice (the juice was the only item I had and could not even stomach it.)

Note: I would have switched hotels that night but after a long drive of 7 plus hours and it was 1am when I noticed these problems. It was easier to switch rooms at the time than hotels...next time I would just switch hotels.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

I take workshops at Kent State at least twice a year, and I always stay here. It isn't fancy, but it is clean, has free internet, free coffee and a minimalist breakfast, and it is convenient to both Kent and the Interstate. Each room has a refrigerator and a microwave. This isn't luxury, but compared to the other choices nearby- it is the best for the money. I usually spend 40 or 50 dollars a night. Since I just need a place to sleep and shower. This works great. Hampton Inn is lovely with lots of amenities and so is Holiday Inn Express, but they both cost double what this costs. I am going in two weeks, and here is where I'll stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank slmatt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#3 of 3 in Cuyahoga Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Super 8 Kent/Akron Area? Share your experiences!