“Horrible Stay”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Chicago, Illinois
“Horrible Stay”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

First floor bugs in the bed!! Don't know if they were bed bugs but I was bitten!! The first floor smells like a basement. The box spring and mattress had a covering on them. That's a sign of bugs. Don't stay there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband thought it would be a good idea to stay here since we were leaving to go home at 7am. I hate germs and this was the WORST place for me to stay! The bathroom was disgusting with mold around the tub, the room smelled like mildew and I didn't sleep all night from being uncomfortable and the smell! I had my shirt over my nose the entire time to keep from barfing!! They should turn their light off, remodel and use some plug ins! I will NEVER stay here again! I will gladly spend $100 to stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites across the street for a few hours or sleep in my car!

• Stayed August 2011

Travelers are raving about these Kent hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2011

After reading the reviews, I thought this would be a decent hotel. So wrong, the room I had on the 2nd floor had bed bugs. Small insects had bitten me and when I inspected closer you could see little insects against the white sheets. When I sat on the other double bed looking for another hotel I noticed red insects crawling on the comforter. I switched rooms that night to a king bed from 2 double beds and it seemed a little better. I mentioned to the hotel clerk that there were bugs in the room and he mentioned "we don't usually get them". The problem I had in the new room, the phone did not work and it took over an hour and the problem was still not resolved. No management staff was available. At that point I checked out and went to Days Inn which was better.

The continental breakfast is not desirable and it didn't look fresh. They had Eggo waffles, cereal and powered juice (the juice was the only item I had and could not even stomach it.)

Note: I would have switched hotels that night but after a long drive of 7 plus hours and it was 1am when I noticed these problems. It was easier to switch rooms at the time than hotels...next time I would just switch hotels.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Virginia
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I take workshops at Kent State at least twice a year, and I always stay here. It isn't fancy, but it is clean, has free internet, free coffee and a minimalist breakfast, and it is convenient to both Kent and the Interstate. Each room has a refrigerator and a microwave. This isn't luxury, but compared to the other choices nearby- it is the best for the money. I usually spend 40 or 50 dollars a night. Since I just need a place to sleep and shower. This works great. Hampton Inn is lovely with lots of amenities and so is Holiday Inn Express, but they both cost double what this costs. I am going in two weeks, and here is where I'll stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank slmatt
la jolla
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I was at the hotel on business and I would recommend the hotel to any guest. They have good breakfast, great service and didn't have any problems they 5nights i stayed at the establishment.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Savannah
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I brought my son here for orientation at Kent State and decided to stay at Super 8. The front desk clerk was very helpful. For an older hotel the rooms were nice and clean. I will be coming back again my trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New Concord, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed here during my daughter's college orientation. After reading terrible reviews, I was pleased to find my room clean, comfortable, and bug free. The clerk was very nice. The facility is fairly dated and the room and bedding needs updated. It was very inexpensive though so pretty much as expected.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#3 of 3 in Cuyahoga Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Super 8 Kent/Akron Area? Share your experiences!