“First time here...will be back again and again!”
Review of Taco Tonto's

Taco Tonto's
Ranked #18 of 116 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Ohio
“First time here...will be back again and again!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went to Taco Tonto's for the first time on Tuesday with some friends. I ordered a sweet potato taco with black beans and my husband had a garden burrito. Both were great. Mine was simple, but really tasty. His was really good. He is very picky, and when he finds something he likes, he wants to go back again and again. This could be a weekly trip! The only downside is the "dining area" is really small, with only a few tables.

Visited June 2013

Kent, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service, worse food”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I called in a pick up order and was told it would take 10 minutes. I arrived 15 minutes later and waited for the guy running the cash register to finish his texts before even acknowledging my presence at the counter. After he took my name, I waited another 15 minutes until my food was ready. I have to say, from all the ranting and raving about their food, it was mediocre at best. Not worth the hassle nor the wait. Too many better Mexican restaurants nearby to waste your time here.

Visited February 2013
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We have been getting burritos here for years, when it was in the basement of the loft. We used to order loft pizza because the loft would deliver the burritos if you asked really nice to bring them with the pizza and give them a good tip. Back then you couldn't see how they made the burritos. And we even overlooked the fact that when after they moved from the basement and you could see how they made them, it looked a little unsanitary. But in the past year or so they have not been very tasty. They are dry, under seasoned and inconsistent. Sometimes we get lucky and they are not. I don't care so much about the service (which is lacking) or even the cleanliness so long as they taste good. (My 12 year old said she won't eat them because it just seems dirty). We just want our Taco Tontos back.

Tallmadge, Ohio
“Yum”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great idea for a to-go meal. We bought half-cooked burritos, took them home and cooked for 5 minutes in the oven. PERFECT, HOT and DELICIOUS. They even bring your order TO YOUR CAR!! How convenient is that??

Visited June 2012
Ohio
“The best of Kent's latenight fare”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

A long-time favorite for carry-out in Kent. Extremely obliging staff will make your food as you like it in any of a wide variety of ingredient combinations. They even manage to make vegetarian fare quite tasty. All this along with very low prices. Be aware that it is an order at the counter operation, and takes some time, if crowded. It is central to the downtown bar scene in a university town..

• Visited May 2012