“amazing hidden gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taco Tonto's

Taco Tonto's
Ranked #25 of 112 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
“amazing hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I lived in kent for many years. I would eat here at least once every other week. The freshest ingredients are used. They also have (in my opinion) the best sauce in the world, which you can buy to take home. You cant go wrong with the 2 layer taco or a burrito. call like 10 minutes ahead if you dont feel like waiting there because it is small inside and usually crowded. Can also have a beer with your meal at the Zephyr on their enormous patio but must call ahead (entrance on main street). Yes the service can be slow but there is almost always a lot of customers and only 1 person to take orders as this is a small place, and the food takes 5-10 minutes which makes up for it.

• Visited June 2012

Kent
“Great Food, but TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have two major complaints about Taco Tontos. The first is that I have seen one employee come in off the street to start his shift and start making food without washing his hands. I have seen employees handle cash and then handle food, which is very unsanitary. However, that is not my biggest quell. While the food is great, the service is a disaster. I was asked to hold when I called to make an order today, and I waited for 8 minutes, while the manager took three orders and continued to talk with employees. I could hear him because he simply sat the phone down instead of actually putting me on hold. I hung up after 8 minutes and immediately called back. he answered and ask to take my order. I explained what happened and asked if he forgot about me. This is when he (Kevin--the owner) told me that he did not forget about me, but was busy... I asked why he was talking to other employees about random matters after he took 3 orders, instead of giving me the courtesy to let me now it would be a while. Kevin was so rude! and he is the owner? 8 minutes is ridiculus, and to start joking with employees while the phone is sitting there for minute after minute is terrible service! Terrible! He also refused to give me his name five times before finally giving me his first name (KEVIN). I love the food and I love to support local businesses, but Kevin was too rude for me to ever come back. I will tell everyone I know and rate their service on every website I find. I can't beleive an owner would be so rude with his customers. Did I mention he hung up on me too? This is no way to run a small business.

I can't see me ever buying food from this place again. They should also get their employees to wash their hands when they go to work!

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland, Ohio
“Large burritos, well priced, and taste great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

Large burritos are the main focus here. They are packed full and taste great. The options are standard burrito choices only better quality. Prices are in line and worth it. Small seating insde area not meant to hold customers. In summer there is walk up window attached to large outside patio. Get them to go and enjoy.

Glenmont, New York
“Always delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

The food here is always fresh and delicious. I always come to Taco Tontos when I come to Kent. It is a kitchy atmosphere- casual and artsy. Everything on the menu is great. I have been here about 100 times over the past 20 years (I don't live in town) and it is always good.

• Visited August 2010
Kentucky
“A lot of good food at a great price. The...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

A lot of good food at a great price. The meal isn't going "Wow" you as a culinary experience, but it is a good place for a quick lunch at a cheap price. Still preferable to any of the chain places.