“Don't stay”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Fairborn, Ohio
“Don't stay”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Booked this hotel threw my choice privileges and when we got there their was hardy any parking room. We got in the room and you could hear everyone walking up stairs. There was mold in the shower around the plastic Handel and the water would only get Luke warm. The microwave was dirty. The sink looked like crap.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel for a night and this fit that just fine. It is basic, but it was clean and quiet. There was a mini fridge and a microwave. Easy parking, interior doors, and an indoor pool. The free breakfast was standard fare including pastries, bagels and a waffle maker. The bathroom was very small and the sink area is open to the rest of the room. Very convenient to the freeway and only a few minutes drive to downtown Kent.

I'd stay here again if I was looking for a cheap place to stay.

Room Tip: We were at the north end of the hallway and couldn't hear any freeway noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank scrapchick256

Travelers are raving about these Kent hotels

Indiana
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The price was very good -now I know why.
There was a lot of mold and cracks around the A/C unit
You literately had to get in the shower to shut the bathroom door
There was no coffee pot in the room or even hot cups to use the microwave.
Rust and grunge on the shower handles
No handle on the night stand
The ceiling was cracked badly
I have been a choice member for 8 years and don't normally complain.

Room Tip: Go across the street!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew, Iowa, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Was passing through on a work trip, landed the hotel later in the evening for a few hours of rest. Literally slept and left. Was ridiculously charged for apparent carpet damage and other made up charges for someone to make a quick $50 vandalism charge! Hotel was disgusting, it was late, and should have stayed in my truck! False charges must be there way of doing business! Called and asked about charges and no managers etc to talk to or remotely help resolve charge. Another terrible excuse!! Never again!!

Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Have stayed at this place for a week in August for the last 5-6 years. Each year it gets worse! We booked (2 rooms for 7 nights and a 3rd room for last two nights 2 nights for a total of 16 nights) in August of 2011 when we checked out. Confirmed those reservations in March of 2012 and stopped personally at the Econo Lodge and paid cash for the first night on August 18, 2012. When we arrived on the 20th-- there were no rooms. "No one had checked out!"
Our confirmation numbers meant squat! Thru a phone call to the manager, we were finally put in 2 rooms. Next day we moved to Super 8. Actually, the Econo Lodge did us a favor as I couldn't wait to get out of there. DIRTY-- TOO MANY long term residents sitting outside their rooms, and 4 POLICE CARS, 5 POLICE PERSONS, 3 MEDICS AND 1 SQUAD RESPONDED TO A FIGHT! I agree with previous reviewers: Photos on-line are NOT of this place and the only nice thing I can say is the gal at the front desk was nice. Poor thing.

1 Thank jojo44circus
Grand Island, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Booked an overnight here during Kent State visit. Hotel seems to have "temporary" long term residents, smoking is permitted and the facilities are perfectly disgusting. The rooms were filthy, and we were afraid to sleep on the beds. We were provided two very aged towels and half bottle of shampoo as amenities in the bath. Over my next 4 years of visiting Kent State, I will sleep in my car before I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandi2239
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I am disgusted that I paid over $100 (plus tax) for a room. I am very happy with "budget" hotels. However, this place was filthy. I was horrified when I got to the room. The smell of smoke was overpowering. Other issues in the room that were problematic: the light by the door did not work -- I had to search around for a light that worked. The floor was filthy, the linens were stained. The chairs were covered in stains. The corner of the room had wallpaper that was stained and billowing out, as if it had severe water damage. It looked like that wall was melting. I will never forget this EconoLodge experience, and felt a visceral, sickening response when seeing the EconoLodge sign as I drove by other exits on I-80 this weekend. That hotel is a disgusting pit. The girl at the front desk was very nice -- that is the one positive thing that I will say.

1 Thank Sarah B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 11 in Akron

Been to Econo Lodge Kent? Share your experiences!