“Really good food.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We went for breakfast with our son who goes to Kent State. It was a Sunday morning, so there was a wait. We were told 25 minutes but the wait was closer to 30-35. Ordered our food and realized that we were not going to have time to eat there because our son had to be at was show. Our server had the kitchen box our breakfast up. Impressed that they thought of everything ketchup packets, silverware, napkins, drinks to go. The food was delicious even from a to go box. Eggs were cooked correctly, jalapeño sausage was to die for, fresh toast and pancakes were great too. Much better than a chain restaurant breakfast. Make sure to leave yourself plenty of time if you go on the weekend - it is a small place and they make things fresh as they go. Worth it though!! Want to go back for lunch.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I were visiting my alma mater and found this restaurant. I believe it was an ice cream parlor when I attended KSU. Both of us enjoyed our meals. The home made whole grain toast was fantastic (no need to order biscuits with your breakfast), and the coffee was the best I found on my week long road trip through Ohio. It's "quirky" and cool-it belongs in Kent. Great service.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love the Wild Goats Cafe and eat there on a regular basis. It can get pretty busy during the lunch hour, but if you can flex your lunch hour, you won't be disappointed. The Goat sandwich is my favorite for lunch and their banana peanut butter pancakes are to die for if you make it for breakfast;-)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Was visiting Kent State and stopped into Wild Goats Cafe for breakfast. Popular place - it was full the entire time I was there. Food was good. Service was a little slow, but it was extremely busy. Wait staff was very friendly. Looks like a nice place to go for a relaxing meal. Wish it had been open when I was a student at KSU many years ago.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nice selection; bizarro combinations that I never would have thought of! The beer cheese soup is OUTSTANDING!!! I love the smoked gouda sandwich (huge portion), and I struggle every time I go there because I crave that sandwich, but want to try others. Problem solved...they offer 1/2 sandwiches on their menu. Pick your favorite and try another. The french onion soup has an interesting flair to it (I'm thinking it's oregano). The staff is very attentive. Parking is easy. It's a mixed-age crowd. Wild Goat Cafe is our new "go to" place...