“Best breakfast in Kent, OH”
Review of Wild Goats Cafe

Wild Goats Cafe
Ranked #17 of 116 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I were visiting my alma mater and found this restaurant. I believe it was an ice cream parlor when I attended KSU. Both of us enjoyed our meals. The home made whole grain toast was fantastic (no need to order biscuits with your breakfast), and the coffee was the best I found on my week long road trip through Ohio. It's "quirky" and cool-it belongs in Kent. Great service.

There are newer reviews for Wild Goats Cafe

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love the Wild Goats Cafe and eat there on a regular basis. It can get pretty busy during the lunch hour, but if you can flex your lunch hour, you won't be disappointed. The Goat sandwich is my favorite for lunch and their banana peanut butter pancakes are to die for if you make it for breakfast;-)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Was visiting Kent State and stopped into Wild Goats Cafe for breakfast. Popular place - it was full the entire time I was there. Food was good. Service was a little slow, but it was extremely busy. Wait staff was very friendly. Looks like a nice place to go for a relaxing meal. Wish it had been open when I was a student at KSU many years ago.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nice selection; bizarro combinations that I never would have thought of! The beer cheese soup is OUTSTANDING!!! I love the smoked gouda sandwich (huge portion), and I struggle every time I go there because I crave that sandwich, but want to try others. Problem solved...they offer 1/2 sandwiches on their menu. Pick your favorite and try another. The french onion soup has an interesting flair to it (I'm thinking it's oregano). The staff is very attentive. Parking is easy. It's a mixed-age crowd. Wild Goat Cafe is our new "go to" place...

Reviewed April 25, 2013

People have been raving to me about this place ever since it opened years ago and every time I go there I wish I hadn't. I was there recently and had some beer cheese soup which was disgusting. It was glop. Possibly fit for hanging wallpaper but no more. You could stand a spoon up in it. It is just one of those places that got a "hip" reputation and has traded on it but frankly the Friendly's that was in this location before served far better food. Furthermore I was there recently in the afternoon with a friend having coffee and the waitress vacuumed loudly the whole time and the ladies' bathroom was blocked by some workmen doing who knows what. Very inconsiderate. I wouldn't go there again if you paid me.