I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Kent, OH for a business trip. It's a very new hotel, so new that it has yet to be added to the travel sign on the interstate. Tripadvisor rated this as a one star hotel class, but this is higher (I'd say 2 to 2.5 by their standards). Even though this is an Express, it's a great hotel for the money. Free breakfast, and free drinks/snacks from 5-7. The fitness room is small, but it has a nice flatscreen television, towels, and free bottled water. Indoor pool looks nice though I didn't use it. The ceilings are high in the rooms, which generates a spacious feel. This is one of those Holiday Inns that offer the SmartStay beddnig and bath line, and it really is a nice touch. Thick towels, comfy sheets. Wireless for those of you who are interested. And all of the front desk staff were SO ncie and helpful--I asked them lots of questions about restaurant recommendations, directions, and other services. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again in a second if business travel brought me back to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Kent, Ohio is a 74 room and suites hotel, easily accessible of I-76 at exit 33. We are the smart choice when choosing a hotel in the Kent, Akron, Ravenna and Tallmadge areas.Rapidly rising in popularity of hotels in Northeast Ohio, this hotel is the most convenient location to the Kent State University Campus, Northeast Ohio College of Medicine (NEOUCOM), Summit Racing, Hess Print Solution, Goodyear Tire & Rubber, Bridgestone Invitational, and Lockheed Martin.Business travelers look to our hotel to provide them with more amenities than they could find elsewhere. We Feature an over sized fitness room, state-of-the-art aerobic equipment, with a view into our elongated indoor pool. Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet throughout the hotel meets every guest s need. The Smart Start breakfast is always a hit, but we are told that the sweet tidbits and evening snacks served with a smiling face, take hospitality to an excellent level.Leisure travelers find our hotel convenient to the Kent Folk Festival, Portage County Fairgrounds, Summit County Fairgrounds, Soap Box Derby, Hartville Flee Market, NFL Hall of Fame, Ravenna Balloon-A-Thon, Firestone & other Ohio Golf Courses. Visit nearby Downtown Akron W/First Night, AA Founders Day & Akron U.We are one of the first hotels in Ohio to offer a 100% smoke free environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Kent State University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Kent State University Hotel Kent
- Holiday Inn Kent
- Kent Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Kent State University Ohio