I travel throughtout 15 states and a province of Canada spending about 120 nights at hotels, most of them are within the Express chain. HIE Kent State is by far my favorite of these. I actually look forward to my stays there. Dean, one of the most personable and conscientious employees I have come across, always greets me with a smile and my last name. The rooms are cleaner than most other HIE's, I have yet to find a stray hair or hidden wrapper in my rooms. The hotel is situated far enough away from the interstate to not hear traffic noise, but close enough that it is easy to find. Not to mention that it is in close proximity to a great mexican joint at the corner. There is no governor on the A/C which is a big plus. The breakfast isnt always the best (the lady cant seem to make sausage gravy) but it doesnt matter, the rest of the hotel experience is aces.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Kent, Ohio is a 74 room and suites hotel, easily accessible of I-76 at exit 33. We are the smart choice when choosing a hotel in the Kent, Akron, Ravenna and Tallmadge areas.Rapidly rising in popularity of hotels in Northeast Ohio, this hotel is the most convenient location to the Kent State University Campus, Northeast Ohio College of Medicine (NEOUCOM), Summit Racing, Hess Print Solution, Goodyear Tire & Rubber, Bridgestone Invitational, and Lockheed Martin.Business travelers look to our hotel to provide them with more amenities than they could find elsewhere. We Feature an over sized fitness room, state-of-the-art aerobic equipment, with a view into our elongated indoor pool. Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet throughout the hotel meets every guest s need. The Smart Start breakfast is always a hit, but we are told that the sweet tidbits and evening snacks served with a smiling face, take hospitality to an excellent level.Leisure travelers find our hotel convenient to the Kent Folk Festival, Portage County Fairgrounds, Summit County Fairgrounds, Soap Box Derby, Hartville Flee Market, NFL Hall of Fame, Ravenna Balloon-A-Thon, Firestone & other Ohio Golf Courses. Visit nearby Downtown Akron W/First Night, AA Founders Day & Akron U.We are one of the first hotels in Ohio to offer a 100% smoke free environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Kent State University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Kent State University Hotel Kent
- Holiday Inn Kent
- Kent Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Kent State University Ohio