“HIE Kent, I look forward to it.”

Holiday Inn Express Kent State University
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Indianapolis, Indiana
“HIE Kent, I look forward to it.”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I travel throughtout 15 states and a province of Canada spending about 120 nights at hotels, most of them are within the Express chain. HIE Kent State is by far my favorite of these. I actually look forward to my stays there. Dean, one of the most personable and conscientious employees I have come across, always greets me with a smile and my last name. The rooms are cleaner than most other HIE's, I have yet to find a stray hair or hidden wrapper in my rooms. The hotel is situated far enough away from the interstate to not hear traffic noise, but close enough that it is easy to find. Not to mention that it is in close proximity to a great mexican joint at the corner. There is no governor on the A/C which is a big plus. The breakfast isnt always the best (the lady cant seem to make sausage gravy) but it doesnt matter, the rest of the hotel experience is aces.

Room Tip: I havent had a bad room at this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place was really convenient to our location. Good food is close. The interstate is close. It is a Holiday Inn Express, and it is what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. No surprises, good or bad. If you need to see what is going on outside, be sure to specify a room with a view. Check out the photos to see the view we had.

Room Tip: Some windows have no view - of anything. See photo.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Clean, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, good price, great location. Cable TV had an extensive list of channels, including HGTV and Food Network. This was a one-night stopover on a long road trip, and I couldn't have asked for more in terms of amenities and service. Bed was very comfortable, and pillows come in "soft" and "firm" versions, with embroidered pillowcases telling you which is which. Very classy.

Just off the freeway, far enough away so you don't get the noise. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
michigan
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here for the night as was attending a sporting event at Kent St. Close to the college and the interstate. Hotel very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was well, roomy but could hear a heavy walker on the floor above.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Berlin Center, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2012

To be honest, I was not expecting much from an "Express" hotel. To my surprise, this hotel blew me away with its value for the price. I booked a standard double queen room, but walking in, the room did not seem "standard". It was very roomy and cozy, and most important; crisp and clean. The staff was phenomenal from check in to check out. Every person that I encountered on the staff was genuinely friendly and willing to help. The man at the desk at night delivered Disney-like service with my children and was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction of local activities. Kids loved the pool, and if the kids are happy, that makes everything worth while. All in all, this was a quality hotel with a crisp and friendly atmosphere. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the west so the sun doesn't rise through the window in the morning!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2012

A friend and I attended a 2-day workshop and Kent State and decided to stay nearer campus. The desk clerk was friendly--he even kept a couple of white chocolate cranberry cookies warm for us until we returned from dinner! The queen room was plenty spacious, very clean, and comfortable. I have never been able to sleep on my first night in any hotels, but I slept like a baby as soon as my head hit the pillow here. The mattress was firm but soft, if that makes sense, and the pillows were just like mine at home. I was worried about noise as we stayed in a first floor room, and there were some children staying, but there was no noise to speak of. Breakfast was wonderful, and included a wide range of hot and cold foods as well as fruit, juices and coffee. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Akron
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was really impressed with the level of service that I received while at this Holiday Inn Express. I have stayed at more upscale hotels and not been treated as well. The hotel was spotless and friendly, the breakfast great. I almost did not stay because of a couple of the pics and the reviews...you can't go by them, you must experience this hotel first hand. Thanks Holiday Inn Express Kent Ohio!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow
Hilton Garden Inn Akron

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kent State University? Share your experiences!