“Loved everything!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Berlin Center, Ohio, United States
“Loved everything!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

To be honest, I was not expecting much from an "Express" hotel. To my surprise, this hotel blew me away with its value for the price. I booked a standard double queen room, but walking in, the room did not seem "standard". It was very roomy and cozy, and most important; crisp and clean. The staff was phenomenal from check in to check out. Every person that I encountered on the staff was genuinely friendly and willing to help. The man at the desk at night delivered Disney-like service with my children and was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction of local activities. Kids loved the pool, and if the kids are happy, that makes everything worth while. All in all, this was a quality hotel with a crisp and friendly atmosphere. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the west so the sun doesn't rise through the window in the morning!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2012

A friend and I attended a 2-day workshop and Kent State and decided to stay nearer campus. The desk clerk was friendly--he even kept a couple of white chocolate cranberry cookies warm for us until we returned from dinner! The queen room was plenty spacious, very clean, and comfortable. I have never been able to sleep on my first night in any hotels, but I slept like a baby as soon as my head hit the pillow here. The mattress was firm but soft, if that makes sense, and the pillows were just like mine at home. I was worried about noise as we stayed in a first floor room, and there were some children staying, but there was no noise to speak of. Breakfast was wonderful, and included a wide range of hot and cold foods as well as fruit, juices and coffee. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Akron
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was really impressed with the level of service that I received while at this Holiday Inn Express. I have stayed at more upscale hotels and not been treated as well. The hotel was spotless and friendly, the breakfast great. I almost did not stay because of a couple of the pics and the reviews...you can't go by them, you must experience this hotel first hand. Thanks Holiday Inn Express Kent Ohio!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Extremely clean and updated hotel.
Clean, unstained sheets and towels
No dirt on the carpet
clean walls
bathroom looked brand new
the pool was immaculate
breakfast had a good variety, however no fruit which I thought was weird
plenty of parking

My only issue is how thin and hollow feeling the floors were. You can hear people just walking around above you. I stayed off the kent state school season so it wasn't too bad, but I could imagine if this place was packed it'd be a problem for a lot of people. One would have thought with all the upgrades at this place, they would have invested in some basic floor insulating. It seems like the floors were constructed like a normal house.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We have stayed here several times and it is clean and well maintained. The staff at the front desk (Stuart) was very friendly and helpful. The only issue we had was we went a bit later for breakfast one morning and there wasn't much left. Otherwise things were fine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2012

From Dean the friendly night manager to a great breakfast this is the place to stay. Dean gave great directions to local stores. The adjoining rooms were somewhat loud when we arrived, but very quickly got quiet after we all got settled in. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor was easy to get to.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Reynolds3701
Ontario
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were in town for a baseball tournament. We booked one of the Suites with a Sofa bed! The fridge and counter space in the room was wonderful! The floors seem a little thin either that or the people above us were from the Circus!!! I swear they were moving Elephants up there! They woke us up at 6:20am on the one morning we got to sleep in. Over all our stay was pretty good. Breakfast in the morning was perfect for the boys. Nutritious and plenty of it! The pool in this hotel was perfect for the kids! There were basketball nets to keep them entertained! We would stay here again but would request the top floor to avoid noise!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Hockeymum514
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
#3 of 8 in Kent
Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Kent/Akron Area
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kent State University? Share your experiences!