“Best restaurant in Kent!”
Review of Ray's Place

Ray's Place
Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Great atmosphere and amazing food! Always delicious food when my wife and I come here. The corned beef is soooo good!!! This is a must if you have never been to Kent.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Ray's Place has been around for years. It is primarily a bar but they have good food and a wide selection of items.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

I visited this place twice with friends. It’s the new hanging out place in Kent after bar 145 shut down. The place is cool, and has a selection of food items and drinks. I personally don’t drink so I don’t know how are the drinks, but the food was not really something that I look forward to. I tried their burger, and the bread was just so too much, even after I took the top bon off. The burger was more in the bland side. I didn’t quite enjoy it. The second time I took an appetizer, fried mac & cheese, and I’m assuming that the oil they used is pretty old. It had an off taste, and it was too greasy. Not sure if I would visit that place again, unless my friends want to just hang out. I would probably just go wit a slice of dessert.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank MohamadAlmakky
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Fun college bar with very good wings, burger and beer selection.
Rumor has it that W.C. Fields ran out with out paying his tab after a long Vaudeville stay when it was a hotel back in the day.
(highly recommended to not do that, service is great and the staff is helpful and friendly)

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Beware! Do NOT order the Monday special BBQ Chicken dinner. We have frequented Ray's Place in Kent for decades and loved every single experience. However, tonight we were served burnt black dry rock hard BBQ chicken. It used to be the best thing on the menu. Tonight we beat it on the table like it was a rock. It was totally inedible. Solid black charred piece of rock. It is beyond me how that would ever leave the kitchen let alone be delivered to a table. Shame on you Ray's Place!

Date of visit: October 2018