“A great find!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ray's Place

Ray's Place
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roostown, Ohio
“A great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I just discovered this little gem in downtown Kent and we love it. I would highly recommend the Mo Fo burger. It was probably the best burger I've ever had! They have an amazing beer selection and great atmosphere.

Visited October 2012

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Very busy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Had dinner here and had to wait half hour for a table. Food is just average bar food and tends to be a little on the spicy side.

Visited October 2012
Brook Park, Ohio
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I heard about this place from Michael Symon Food Channel apperence. I ordered the Mofo which on TV looked huge. It was average but tasty with no fries and at $7.99 was a bit pricey for a burger. My wife ordered the Ruben which came out fatty and lots of bread. Thanks to our server they took it back and came out with an egg plant parm which my liked. The place was neat and there was plenty of beer selection to be had. It's about an hour from where I live in Cleveland so I do not think I will go back. If you are in the Kent area I would reconvened trying

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
syracuse
“Poor Food, Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I went to Ray's Place while visiting KSU in mid-august based on the notoriety the joint received from Chef Michael Symon. We ordered two of burgers and a Ruben. The burgers were dry and similar to a hockey puck. The fries we ordered were greasy and cooked in old shortening. The Ruben was dry, missing the 1000 islands dressing. I don't think this place knows how to cook or prepare food. While the beer might be cheap and delicious, I can't say the same for the food. If you want a good burger, check out Five Guys or Burger King.

The server was very slow. We were seated by the kitchen and noticed the abundance of food sitting, waiting for additional sides, etc. A little organization would go a long way to fixing these problems!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank m c
Stow, Ohio
“Local pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have been going to Ray's for more than 30 years and it has managed to keep its original charm even with some renovations. The food is mostly bar food but we are able to find something for our vegan and vegetarian family members. Don't expect to have great dinner conversation if you are with a group but a table of 4 can converse over the roar. Great local joint.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Ray's Place? Share your experiences!