All reviews kent state across the street within walking distance parking garage front desk presidential suite restaurants and bars great hotel downtown area continental breakfast rooms are spacious oatmeal my daughter fresh fruit excellent stay only complaint hard boiled eggs
Reviewed January 17, 2018

Nice place, clean rooms, but they want way too much for these rooms sometimes and are somewhat strict on check in times. Also, they try ti make the place seem nicer that what it is, its nicety is due to it being new.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Sam K, Front Office Manager at Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us!

I was pleased to hear you liked the cleanliness of our rooms and I will forwards the news to housekeeping.

Our rates do fluctuate based on availability. Also, early check-ins (before 3pm) can sometimes be difficult due to many variables, but we do attempt to meet those requests if the guest calls ahead of time.

I would love to furthermore discuss any issues you had with your stay and ways we could improve our nicety.

Thanks again,

Reviewed January 15, 2018

when we checked in found a pair of ladies underwear on floor gave to maid should have received something extra because of this.the rest of our stay was nice,we were there for my companies winter party

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sam K, Front Office Manager at Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and I will forward this information to the housekeeping staff.

If you would like to further discuss your stay, feel free to contact the Hotel and ask for myself.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

This is a great place to stay while in the Kent area. The staff is courteous and helpful, the place is clean, they have a restaurant right inside the hotel and covered parking very close by. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay!

I was so delighted to hear about the helpfulness and cleanliness of my staff and I will forward this positive message to them!

We take pride in our cleanliness here at the Kent State Hotel and love that you enjoyed our 1910 Restaurant conveniently on location.

Thanks for the recommendation, and we look forward to enjoying more experiences when you travel back to the Kent area.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Second year that we stayed here while attending a conference at the college. Both times we were highly satisfied with our room. Rooms were very clean, and very modern. Lobbies and other common areas were also very modern. The only "inconvenience" is that they do not have their own parking. You have to park in the public lot, BUT that lot is right across the street. Hardly an inconvenience but worth mentioning because $10 will be added to your room charge. Walking distance to two or three nice restaurants. We recommend Bricco right across the street. We would definitely stay here again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Sam K, Front Office Manager at Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay,

We are proud of our modern tone and cleanliness here at Kent State Hotel and Conference Center. I was happy to see that you were able to enjoy some successful local dining in the area.

Thank you again for leaving a review and your input on parking has been noted.

We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed January 8, 2018

the hotel is wonderful, just a little disappointed that the restaurant/bar opened at 4;00pm and not earlier on a Saturday, will return and the location is also good especially if you want to hang downtown

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple

Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and Kent State Hotel!

It was a delight to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we take pride in our location right downtown.

I apologize for the inconvenience of our restaurant's operating hours and I will forward your suggestion to the necessary departments.