“Great service. ”

Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Kent
“Great service. ”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel on 11/23. We were in town to attend the Kent State dance show. It was our third stay at the hotel since July. The staff was attentive to guests entering and leaving the hotel while the snow fell outside. After going to the show, we came back and realized we were hungry. The desk staff was helpful in giving recommendations for pizza that was within walking distance. A quick walk since there was 2 inches of snow and the wind was blowing. Not only did she give a recommendation, she went and got a menu and coupons. Upon returning with the pizza, she got us plates from the kitchen and glasses from the bar so that we could enjoy the pizza in our room. Each visit we see the service continue to improve. (Note: it was never bad service). Our room on the second floor was wonderful. Our son is just a freshman, so we look forward to staying here many more times.

Stayed November 2013
KSUHCCManagementTeam, Manager at Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
It will always be our pleasure to accommodate all requests. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lewiston, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My opening first five hours of my stay through Monday for Niagara University and their Mens' Basketball team's appearance Thursday-Saturday in the Coaches Vs. Cancer Classic were the finest that I have ever had in any hotel! The Presidential Suite is not only large in size (910 sq. ft.), but has an outdoor terrace with all weather furniture with a great view, a luxurious walk-in shower, a very large bathtub, brand new (Hotel opened on 6/14/13) full size refrigerator, microwave, large kitchen sink, large sofa, a sitting area and separate living and sleeping areas, two wonderful LG flat screen television sets, beautiful bathroom vanity area with exceptional toiletries, beautiful carpeting, and so much more! The bed is the most comfortable that I have ever slept in.

Zenas' restaurant is outstanding with Kayleigh providing very caring and prompt service. Just off the large lobby, it featured a special Wine Wednesday with $4 glasses of wine and great meatballs and Beef Wellington puffed pastries for free appetizers. The entrée of Lobster Macaroni and Cheese, and the lovely bread basket were exceptional. Great double chocolate cake for dessert. Even the decaffeinated coffee was exceptional!

Outstanding service in my first five hours here! Lauren, a Kent State Hotel Mgt. graduate, welcomed me to the Hotel exceptionally well and checked me in with the upmost of warmth and efficiency. Megan, the Front Desk Manager, suggested the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese for dinner, and she made a great choice for me! Laura took a great photo of me and helped me with my safe deposit box needs. All of them could not have been kinder, nicer, or valued my business more. Cindy Sherman, the Director of Sales and Steve Moore, the Asst. GM were very gracious of their time and helped me greatly to plan my week away from basketball.

There is no better place to stay in the Kent State area than the Kent State Hotel and Conference Center because the staff really cares about the guests and the facilities are outstanding!

Cannot wait for the rest of my stay!

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite on the second floor is a splurge worth spending on; they have other suites as...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and feedback. It is rare that we receive such detail and your time is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again!
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. The rooms are great. Shower and towels fabulous. Room very roomy. Front lobby is large. Lobby bar and restaurant are great. Continental breakfast was skimpy when they split the pastries in half. However, I ordered the homemade granola and it was fabulous.

The real issue is the noise. This is not a college dorm and guests should be informed noise issues will not be tolerated. The hotel should not have to have two city police officers walking the halls to keep things quiet even though it definitely helped.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elizabeth B
KSUHCCManagementTeam, General Manager at Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We have added many items to the breakfast including oatmeal, granola bars and eggs in our desire to create more value. And unfortunately there are a few times during the year in Kent that the activity in the town is robust and the festivities may end up in the hotel. This results in us hiring security to assist in delivering a quiet environment. Fortunately, these events do only take place a few times throughout the year.

We hope to see you in the future!
Navarre, OH
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough positive comments about this hotel. The interiors are amazing. The lobby is huge with high ceilings. There are wall to wall windows that overlook downtown. There's a very cool patio on the upper floors. The room itself has the most awesome interior decorating! The flooring, furnishings, bathroom fixtures, and color schemes are that of a much more expensive hotel. We didn't want to leave. Even the wallpaper in the hallways is really cool. I graduated from Kent State, and I'm so happy that the downtown has been updated so wonderfully.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mory_Cory
KSUHCCManagementTeam, Manager at Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. The hotel is very new and the condition shows it. I had a room on the top floor and I experienced a very quiet stay. The air conditioning unit in the guest room was very good. The bed was comfortable, pillows and towels were fluffy. The amenities in the bathroom were very good.

The breakfast service was slow. It is obvious that the place is new, and I believe the staff is still learning. The continental breakfast was slim, however there is free Starbucks coffee on the breakfast buffet. When ordering from the menu it took over 20 min to get some scrambled eggs and bacon. It was good when it finally arrived though.

The area around the hotel has restaurants, shops and bars within walking distance. There is also a parking garage next to the hotel which is good to use for hotel guests.

Our group used one of the small meeting rooms, the air conditioning in this room did not work properly. In the afternoon it was very warm in the meeting room and we had to keep the door open for some air from the hallway. So beware of this situation if using the boardroom on the 2nd floor until they are able to get it fixed. The staff was very apologetic and did provide some fans to use - but it still needs to be fixed.

Overall I liked the place, they are still working thru the new facility issues and I know they will get them corrected. I look forward to coming back next year.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KSUHCCManagementTeam, Manager at Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you found several positive items during your stay. Please know that we have addressed the service issue at breakfast and the air conditioning in the Boardroom. All efforts will continue to strive to deliver exceptional service.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Ravenna, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

By far the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. There were people smoking marijuana in the room next door and the smell wafted through the hallways. They also had music blaring all through the night keeping me up. I repeatedly called the front desk to complain, to which they said they would handle it and never once did I see someone come up. The beds are atrocious with the double sheets & the sheet on top makes it look very very tacky. I would much rather have two blankets than two sheets. The pool is also way too small, you would think with the size of everything else they could have splurged a little on the pool. If I could give this hotel no stars, I would, one star is REALLY pushing it. The convenient location isn't worth the stress.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wowowowowowowowow
Thank you for your feedback. We are taking all necessary measures including contacting local authorities should such activity take place again.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed two weeks after it opened so a few minor facilities weren't available but overall a great experience. My room was first rate but the chair was located below the a/c outlet. The morning continental breakfast was the best quality I have seen in 30 years of business travel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

The Management Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
#3 of 8 in Kent
Holiday Inn Express Kent State University
Hampton Inn Kent/Akron Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!