“Awesome find”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awesome find”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was my first time to the Kent Area and what a great find with this Hampton Inn. The staff here is OUTSTANDING....and took care of everything we needed....they were all quick with suggestions of places to go in the area (the Flea Market was by FAR the best suggestion and one I highly recommend if you go to the area) It was nice to be greeted my name coming and going. I would like to give Kea high props and she was quick to take care of my Dad when we got back to the hotel after being out and my dad had fallen and scraped himself up....she showed genuine concern and was quick to get an old towel for him as he was afraid of messing up the pillowcases. This most assuredly will be a place I stay again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Shelly W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kent/Akron Area, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us - it is truly appreciated and valued. Additionally - thank you for the props to Kea as she is a great team member who truly loves to make our guests feel at home. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This was a fantastic stay all the way around....there was a little minor bump in the beginning...but true to the Hampton Way....the were quick to fix the problem as best as they could....it in no way put a dmper on my experience there. The staff is one of the far more caring groups...I didn't meet one that didn't smile...or welcome you as you walked in the door. I look forward to my next stay when I am in Kent. On a side note....be advised that the handicap accessible room ONLY have a double bed....not a king and no pull out. This can be difficult if traveling with an aide.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel your time is very much appreciated. Our entire team truly appreciates your kind words and will continue to bring the best experience to every guest.
Raleigh, NC, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Overall, the facility was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to remember you the next day. The continental breakfast was less than desirable. The facility was full of parents with teens for a baseball tournament yet there was no significant noise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank David B
Thank you very much for the review you provided for our hotel your thoughts are very much appreciated. Your feedback helps us continue to improve every guest's experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a reservation, but when I arrived at 11:30pm was informed that "One room had to be taken out of service". I was then politely moved to a very nice hotel 5 minutes away - the Kent State University Hotel. Front desk staff, in particular evening manager, Kea, were very efficient and helpful -- and seemed sincere in their apologies. Since the room at the Kent State hotel was comp'd, i have absolutely no complaints as to how this was handled -- other than a pending request to get Hilton Honors credit for one night/one stay.

Of note: A couple that arrived as i was leaving was also walked to the Kent State University hotel. Hmm... perhaps the issue was that they were over-booked, rather than with rooms being taken out of service?

Room Tip: Arrive early enough in the evening to avoid the over-booking issue... or call ahead to confirm your...
1 Thank daisyfae
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We love Hampton Inns and overall, this one didn't disappoint. But there were just a few aggravations. There was no one at the front desk when we checked in. No big deal at first. But then I stood there for quite awhile before finally a staff member came to wait on me. There was a staff person within view at an office behind the desk but he never looked up from his computer. I probably stood there for about 5 minutes. This stands out because I've never had that happen at a Hampton. When the guy finally came to the front, (not the same guy I could see at his desk) there was no apology for the time it took. When we got to the room we had reserved, there was a double bed. My husband was sure he had reserved a king. The room was very small. I went back to the front desk and asked the guy if he could check our reservation because we really needed at least a queen bed. He told me we couldn't change rooms because the hotel was totally booked. I went back to the room to break the news to my husband. Within a minute our room phone rang and were told there was a cancellation and we could move to a room with a king bed. We happily moved and the new room met our needs. So, the check-in was strange, but we were happy with everything else. The hotel was full of families with kids who were obviously attending some sort of athletic tournament. We thought at first that there would be noise all night, but with the air conditioning on, we heard nothing. The room was very clean. The bathroom was smaller than the usual Hamptons we've been in…only one sink with a small countertop. We would stay here again. We think the check-in was uncharacteristic of Hamptons.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank roadhods
Rogers, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

When I have to travel to this area on business, I always stay at the Hampton in Kent, OH. It is an excellent hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The building is always fresh and clean and the rooms are very comfortable and accommodating.

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is a standard Hampton Inn, just a few miles from the Kent State campus. As with most Hampton Inns, I encountered some good and some not so good.

First the good: excellent and free WiFi, great moveable desk for working, good number of outlets and good placement, fridge and microwave in the room, comfortable bed, and good shower. The staff were very helpful and nice and when I had to check out one day early because of a family emergency, they were very accommodating. The lobby and breakfast area were quite nice, although I didn't eat the breakfast.

The not so good: the walls and floors are thin and I could hear every movement of the person above me. The highway nearby also causes noise. The HVAC going on and off also woke me up throughout the night. Then, in this hotel, there were some odd things: my bed had not been made well and the fitted sheet wasn't pulled down over the mattress so I had to remake the bed myself; some of the channels on the TV stopped working periodically; there was no "do not disturb" tag for the door. The other thing that could make Hampton Inns better is to have a small little marketplace in the hotel to buy food and drink; I had to drive down the road to a Speedway for that.

Even though I had a mixed experience, if I was in the area I might stay here again. There aren't a lot of better options close by.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
#2 of 8 in Kent
Holiday Inn Express Kent State University
Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Southeast Streetsboro

Been to Hampton Inn Kent/Akron Area? Share your experiences!