WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Good service and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Typical Hampton Inn. I was there for business.
The entrance off the main road was different in that it is shared by other hotels but I found it easy enough.
Currently under renovation but that did not bother me since it was not on the floor I stayed. I believe they are renovating the bathrooms. It may have been the reason I was not able to upgrade since a number of rooms on the top floor were affected (HH Diamond).
The staff I did get to meet were very nice. I did not spend too much time in the lobby area.
The room and other areas I did go to were clean. The room was a little noisy. It was a combination of the refrigerator, heating unit and outside noise that disturbed my sleep during the night but not too much. I also did not like the layout of the room. I like being able to watch TV and work at the same time. The way the desk area was positioned made me turn around to be able to see the TV. They did have a lap desk but I needed more room to work / write on so I was at the desk most of the time.
I did use the Fitness Center. There are 2 treadmills, a recumbent bike and an ellipse. I used the ellipse and even though I was able to get my exercise all of the controls did not function correctly.
There were a few places to eat close by but not too many (I liked the Mexican restaurant Salsitas). However, Highway 76 is very close and you can get to other places pretty quickly.
If in the area I would visit this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank TOrt00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

This property is currently updating bathrooms. Mine was not. Great location and thehotel exit literally puts you on to I76W. Normal fare for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert H
Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stay at a lot of hotels. I normally stick to Hilton properties. Hampton Inns are a consistent chain and this location is exactly what you should expect from a Hampton Inn. It is a clean, comfortable place to stay and priced right in the middle of the road at $100 or so.

This location has some features that stand out to me. First of all, the service was very good. The guys at the front desk were friendly and very helpful. Actually, the entire staff was very helpful as I had several requests during my stay and they never said NO or “we can’t do that”. They even had a very nice “managers reception” with free food and drinks.

The other feature that stood out was the rooms. Now, don’t get me wrong these are basic hotel rooms and not the Ritz-Carlton. However, the rooms were updated, clean, and comfortable. The dark brown wood used in the rooms gave it a rich feel. I was very pleased.

The location is fine; there is a Mexican place across the street and Mike’s Place is about a mile or two down the road. You have to check our Mike’s if you never been. Anyway, a very good hotel and one that I will use again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here during Homecoming weekend for a campus event. Very close to the highway with a 10-15 minute drive to campus. The rooms were clean with modern decor. The breakfast was good with a variety of choices. No issues with the wifi.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

My first impression with the hotel was excellent. Staff was exceptionally attentive and helpful, lobby and breakfast area were large and welcoming. Rooms, as is expected at Hampton Inns, were spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated with functional furnishings. Room was moderate size, with good lighting, desk, easy chair, microwave, refrigerator, full length mirror, closet. Bed was extremely comfortable, but had a duvet instead of blankets. With the duvet, There is no choice--it is all or nothing, and, personally, I find a duvet to be way too hot. Windows were sealed. Room climate control draws air from outside, but was extremely noisy, so letting it run at night wasn't an option.

While the hotel decor was that of an upscale property, its construction was seriously flawed. I could clearly hear every footstep of the person in the room above. There appeared to be little or no soundproofing of the rooms. There was some traffic noise from the adjacent freeway.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor to avoid noise from persons in the room above you. Rooms are poorly...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hamburg, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

I am writing this review based on the fact that it is a Hampton Inn and understanding it isn't a high class, high priced hotel. We stayed for 2 nights while visiting my son at Kent State. This hotel is an easy drive close to the university. I was able to get a Kent State rate which was better than the AAA rate. Staff was fantastic, bed was comfortable and hotel was clean. Most importantly, no bed bugs. The room was tastefully decorated but the bathroom was a little worn. Breakfast was what you would expect: waffles, toast, yogurt, pastries and 2 hot items that weren't too good (scrambled eggs). It was enough to get you started in the morning. There is a pool and exercise facility. Hot beverages and fruit were available all the time. I rated this very good because it is, it just isn't exceptional like I would expect from a Hilton. I did stay at the Comfort Inn across the street and by far the Hampton Inn is much better. The only thing the comfort Inn has that the Hampton doesn't is a water park. If you don't plan on putting on a swim suit, then stay at the Hampton Inn. I will be back for future visits.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with a view. I have stayed here prior to this trip and my view was a m...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jamann
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We enjoyed staying at this hotel. Of the other hotels in the area, it seems to be one of the best choices. The accomodations were average. The hotel was clean. The breakfast was nice with hot and cold choices. This is a family oriented hotel....offering cookies and snacks each night. We would stay here again. It's minutes from Kent State University.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Holiday Inn Express Kent State University
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Southeast Streetsboro

Been to Hampton Inn Kent/Akron Area? Share your experiences!