“BEDBUGS!!!!! January 31, 2012”

Days Inn Kent - Akron
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Kent
St. Andrews, Scotland
“BEDBUGS!!!!! January 31, 2012”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

One night here and look at my arms. The manager was supposed to call me today regarding my stay but still hasn't!!!!!!! I am absolutely miserable!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jkilps
Tara W, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Kent - Akron, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
I am very sorry for the incident occurred. I wanted to assure you though that we have taken care of the problem. We Have received all new beds and bedding and we have someone come spray every 2 - 3 weeks so the problem does not occur again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
california
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The location is excellent for what we need. Before the trip, I researched the hotel. I found out there was 1 bed bug incident in 2010 (also confirmed by bed bug registry). I checked the hotel for bed bugs are there was no evidence. I reserved a double bed but was told I have 2 single beds (I think the hotel clerk meant 2 double beds). I'm not sure what happened to the 1 double bed request. The room was adequate but old and outdated. The carpet appeared it was vacuumed but really old. The bathroom was tiny and there was something questionable behind the toilet. I called to ask if it's mold or if anyone had reported any work done but the hotel clerk didn't seem to know. I was told that some bathrooms were being worked on. Anyway, we needed the room and I've spent time checking for bed bugs so didn't request for another room (see picture). The furniture in the room was really old. The rate was definitely within our budget and the breakfast was okay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us! I wanted to assure you that since your stay we have renovated our rooms and the bathrooms and received all new chairs, beds and bedding. Again I am very sorry!

Travelers are raving about these Kent hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Good value, clean and with a friendly staff.We have stayed here many times while visting family in Kent --this is an older motel that has been well maintained . It is very reasonably priced ,has a microwave and refigerater in each room--even a free newspaper in the morning and a decent buffet breakfast-- and a nice small pool.it is older so if that bothers you be aware. All the negative reviews puzzle me --it is in an area of several other motels( some much more expensive)--so I question the truthfullness of several of these reviews.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank gardener46
columbus
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Price could be attractive with this hotel. But there is a reason for the price. They will give you unpleasant feeling from the response by the telephone! Especially, Indian woman's response is so horrible that I can guarantee you will feel miserable. I will never come back to use this hotel in the future. If you want to be treated just like a nornal customer, think again to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank akemi m
Ohio
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Almost didn't stay because of the bad reviews.... It was pleasant and so was the staff. We stayed 4 nights.
Jim --- Ohio

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hemlock, Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We were initially disappointed because the mattress the 1st night was SO SOFT, so bumpy, that we had a terrible nights rest. However, in the morning, we were relocated to another room w/two beds and staff said if one did not satisfy, it was hoped the other would- they did!! The pool was nice- small but clean. Get towels at the office when you check in. There are many eateries within a drive.

Room Tip: If something is amiss, bring it to the desk's attention..
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HemlockMan
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Bed bugs - bed bugs - bed bugs. If you enjoy being eaten alive while you sleep, having to launder your clothes repeatedly, end up tossing most of them out along with your suitcase, being covered in red, severely itching welts for weeks, not knowing if you've now infested your own home, and being shunned by friends and family - and all while not getting your money returned for the joy of staying in this nightmare of a hotel - then this is the place for you. Stay out!!!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank twschaller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 9 in Streetsboro

Been to Days Inn Kent - Akron? Share your experiences!