“nice older motel”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Columbus, Ohio
“nice older motel”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Good value, clean and with a friendly staff.We have stayed here many times while visting family in Kent --this is an older motel that has been well maintained . It is very reasonably priced ,has a microwave and refigerater in each room--even a free newspaper in the morning and a decent buffet breakfast-- and a nice small pool.it is older so if that bothers you be aware. All the negative reviews puzzle me --it is in an area of several other motels( some much more expensive)--so I question the truthfullness of several of these reviews.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank gardener46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
columbus
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Price could be attractive with this hotel. But there is a reason for the price. They will give you unpleasant feeling from the response by the telephone! Especially, Indian woman's response is so horrible that I can guarantee you will feel miserable. I will never come back to use this hotel in the future. If you want to be treated just like a nornal customer, think again to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank akemi m

Travelers are raving about these Kent hotels

Ohio
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Almost didn't stay because of the bad reviews.... It was pleasant and so was the staff. We stayed 4 nights.
Jim --- Ohio

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hemlock, Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We were initially disappointed because the mattress the 1st night was SO SOFT, so bumpy, that we had a terrible nights rest. However, in the morning, we were relocated to another room w/two beds and staff said if one did not satisfy, it was hoped the other would- they did!! The pool was nice- small but clean. Get towels at the office when you check in. There are many eateries within a drive.

Room Tip: If something is amiss, bring it to the desk's attention..
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HemlockMan
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Bed bugs - bed bugs - bed bugs. If you enjoy being eaten alive while you sleep, having to launder your clothes repeatedly, end up tossing most of them out along with your suitcase, being covered in red, severely itching welts for weeks, not knowing if you've now infested your own home, and being shunned by friends and family - and all while not getting your money returned for the joy of staying in this nightmare of a hotel - then this is the place for you. Stay out!!!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank twschaller
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed July 18, 2011

1. Booked a double non-smoking room. When I checked-in I was required to sign a statement stating I would not smoke in the room. If I smoked in the room they could charge me more. I walked in the room and the first thing I noticed was an ashtray between the beds.
2. The carpet was wet and stained.
3. The blanket on one the beds looked as if there was dry blood on it. My daughter ended up sleeping with me.
4. There were spots and nail anchor holes on the walls. One hole was right above the bed which kinda creeped me out.
5. The exhaust fan/light in the bathroom sounded like a jet plane getting ready to take off. The fan was head high and I could see a buildup of dust.
6. The wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom and up by the ceiling and on the ceiling there was mold or mildew growing.
7. Booked the room for two days, arrived back at my room the second night with my hands full and the card would not open the door, it had only been programmed for one day. Had to drag all of my stuff back downstairs to have my card reprogrammed.

If it was not for being so tired when we arrived and the fact that we had to be up by 6:15AM the following morning we would have left. The place is a dump!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jsankowski
Hartville, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The hotel messed up my card and was horrible about trying to get it resolved. The manager was not there when he said he would be and did not call me back either. When another employee named Megan who was extremely helpful tried to get him to talk to me he said he was sleeping, at 2:00p.m.! We also didn't even end up staying there the second night because we killed 3 very large spiders in our room and I was not going to sleep there another night. The manager Paul was worthless in helping his customers and the night staff was rude and not friendly. I will never stay at this hotel again and would suggest others don't either.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow
Hilton Garden Inn Akron

Been to Days Inn Kent - Akron? Share your experiences!