“A Great Time as Usual”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kelleys Island
A Water's Edge Retreat Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kelleys Island
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We visited with Beth and Tim as usual again this year. We have been coming to visit them for at least ten years now and will return as long as we are able to. This visit was just the two of us to relax for a while. Last June we visited with the whole family to celebrate my dad's birthday. He really enjoyed the sailing. Tim even took my brother-in-law along on the sail even though he was not a guest. We have always found Beth and Tim to be the best of hosts.
I tell people that my only complaints are the loudeness of the crickets and surf at night, plus the sun waking me up in the morning. When these are the only complaints, you have found a great place to visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2009

My husband and I went to Kelleys Island for a romantic getaway. We stayed at A Water's Edge Retreat B & B and enjoyed every minute of our stay. Our room was comfortable and quiet. We walked the island, road bikes, took in the outdoor movie festival and just relaxed. Tim and Beth's Water's Edge Retreat Bed and Breakfast was fantastic. Tim and Beth were friendly and sweet. The food Beth and Tim prepared for breakfast was beyond delicious and the choices numerous. My husband and I didn't need lunch either day we were there. My favorite experience was sailing! I love the water and Tim did an excellent job taking the sailboat out on a windy day. I would definitely return and have already recommended the B & B to many of my friends and relatives.

Reviewed August 27, 2009

We have been going to Waters Edge at least once per year since 1998. We just got back from another 3-day stay and had a wonderful time. I'm in my 60's and had no difficulty carrying our luggage up to the 3rd floor, although the staff person who greeted us offered to do so. I can't say enough about the breakfast. The variety, quality, and uniqueness of the items never ceases to amaze us. This is the only place we've been where you can just kick back and relax and not feel the need to be "doing something" every minute. We have always felt pampered there, with Tim, Beth, or staff asking if there is anyting we need, the late-afternoon wine, cheese, meat, and crackers and the evening treats awainting guests in the foyer. We have recommended, and would continue to recommend this to our friends and family.

Reviewed August 27, 2009

We have been visiting Water's Edge every June for the past eight years (at least) and we feel as if we are visiting family every year! We request the same room because we have to pass through the kitchen to get to it and we just love stopping to chat with the owners, Tim and Beth. We also get to see what they are cooking up for the wonderful gormet breakfast they offer! OMG - we gain at least five pounds every time we stay at Water's Edge! They are always very friendly and patient and even listen to all our woes. The room is beautiful with a view of Lake Erie and always very clean. Breakfast on the porch overlooking the lake is the best. And if looking at the lake from the porch isn't good enough, Tim is always ready to take you for a sailboat cruise whenever the weather permits. We just love the dogs, Oscar and Bella. We will return every year as long as they will have us!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pammarie55
Reviewed August 27, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at Water's Edge Retreat two times and both times have been incredible. The breakfast is simply amazing with a wide selection of food that was prepared perfectly. Beth, Tim and their staff quickly make you feel like an old friend and made the stay very comfortable. The highlight of both trips was the sailing. The views are beautiful and very romantic. My husband and I loved exploring the island on the golf carts available for guests. We highly recommend Water's Edge Retreat for couples who need a little rest, relaxation and restoration.

Reviewed August 15, 2009

Upon arriving at A Waters Edge we were warmly greeted by Simone, the temporary exchange student, and shown our lovely room with a wonderful view of Lake Erie. We were lucky enough to be staying there on the night of a full moon and it was beautiful, we watched it for hours. I am very picky about sheets and pillows usually bringing my own pillow when I am traveling, but this was not necessary, the linens and pillows were impeccable.

The house is beautiful and is one of those houses that warms you each time you enter it displaying the sincerity and friendliness of the owners Tim and Beth. They were very approachable and accommodating.

We truly enjoyed the sailboat ride. Tim is a very experienced sail boat captain and sharing his sailing experiences added to the pleasure of being on the water.

I can’t say enough good things about the breakfast. I think they should publish a gourmet breakfast cookbook. We had something fresh and delicious every morning.

The waterfront deck was a great place to enjoy the peacefulness of our excursion. We also took advantage of the bikes and the golf cart. It was a great way to see the artist gallery (Herndon), the glacial grooves on the island and the state park.

We will definitely be going back to visit our new friends Beth and Tim.

1  Thank Fayette408
Reviewed August 10, 2009

After staying at this place why in the world would you want to go to a hotel. I was walking around the house barefoot. The owners are fantastic. The cooking fantastic. Even I'd like to retire and work there!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Commodore Resort
Commodore Resort
#3 of 7 in Put in Bay

Been to A Water's Edge Retreat Resort? Share your experiences!