All reviews across the street hot tub beautiful landscaping sofa bed small apartment brew pub living room area nice pool rooms are spacious and clean retractable clothes line pool side downtown area negative reviews get away my husband and i west side checking in
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I never review but I’m irate about this place! Very nice place. But, the WORST customer service I’ve ever experienced! They’re right, you’re wrong and don’t care about customers, just looking to make money! Called same day looking for a place to stay. Gave them a card number to reserve the room but was told they wouldn’t charge until we got there. They charged it immediately! Called LITERALLY 15 MINUTES later and told them never mind we found something elsewhere and they said it was a 14 day cancellation fee and it would cost $30!!!! They said the $30 was for charging the card they weren’t supposed to charge until we got there in the first place! Are you kidding me? They hung up on us when we just tried questioning them and wouldn’t answer our number so we had to call back with another number!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2018

Yes, $35 for a lost wrist band is a steep price to pay, and the staff are not very accommodating for early check-in, but we just returned from our 5th stay at this resort, and we return for certain reasons: it's a great location, the rooms are spacious (especially the suites) and clean, there's a pool, grill and playground. While there this holiday, we woke to find that someone had thrown and broken one of the white chairs near the pool. Someone crashed a resort bike (free to use) into my husband's bike and broke the housing on his gear shifter. Bad behavior causes us all to suffer added rules. The gentleman at the desk was pleasant and kind to my grandson. We did observe that the pool rim needs to be painted and some additional pool maintenance is needed. It was hot and a lot of people were in the pool. Some inconsiderate people left all their towels and pool gear overnight at an umbrella table as if this table was "theirs" for the duration of their stay. Come on! I will also suggest that additional umbrella tables are needed, as there were only 4. I also miss some of the blue and unusual flowers from previous years.

Room Tip: The suites have lots of room, but it would be nice to have a second bathroom in the Iroquois suites.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

The property has a nice pool, pretty landscaping, and beautiful views of Lake Erie. The rooms are arranged in an L-shape surrounding the pool. The front door of your room opens from the parking lot and the back door leads to the pool area and a nice spot to sit outside your room. Plenty of room and thoughtful touches like Bath and Body Works products, good ground coffee and regular filters, and plenty of towels. You may want a beach towel for the pool. They do provide pool towels, but they’re more kid-sized. This is definitely a family oriented hotel. We liked the quiet at night. We didn’t love that the pool was full with kids and their floaties most of the time, and the staff had apparently honored kids’ request to tune Radio Disney all day through the loudspeaker at the pool. But, if you bring the kids, you might really enjoy that. Hotel staff gave us great advice ahead of our arrival regarding the Miller ferry. We found it very helpful to bring our car over. It costs less for round trip car ferry than even a half day of renting a golf cart, and it was so much easier to have our car. We would return here.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I have stayed here every year for the past three years and we love this hotel. Very friendly staff, very accommodating. The pool is awesome and that is important when traveling with a four year old! The hotel is clean and well cared for. Close enough to walk downtown for lunch or dinner but far enough away to be peaceful. Brewery right next door which is convenient. There’s a playground for hotel guests that is across the street and west of the brewery. We will stay here again. Thank you to the staff for keeping the hotel a great place to stay.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank jonathona437
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed with all the landscape very beautiful .
rooms are clean and nice was very peaceful and serene although the only thing I found offensive was the check in time we went in the day after Labor Day nobody was checking in and the gentleman who checked us in made me wait no later than the check in Time we went across the street and waited for him to let us check in
I can understand this in the busy season but really nobody was there at this time of the year

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple