“amazing!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kelleys Island
Kelleys Island Venture Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kelleys Island
Salem, Massachusetts
“amazing!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

i loved it. me and my wife come up twice a year. we usually stay with friends, but the summer of 2012, we decided to stay there. the room was amazing. we had a house keeper with blonbe hair, she was a very pretty young lady, and was a great house keeper, she was really funny and outgoing, she made the trip better(my wife offered to come move in and be our daughter). i recomend you request the blonde girl if you stay. I think her name was kelsy or chelsea. anyways it was amazing and the people at the front desk are also amazing people! the beds were comfortable for my old back, and we also got to ride bikes, i will recomend staying here, we will be back to stay again this year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark w

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My mom and I visited Kelleys Island for a 3 day weekend to see the island and stayed at the venture resort. I believe it was around $200 a night which is pretty pricey but not too bad if you're splitting it with someone. Room was clean. Frig. King Bed. Flat screen tv was pretty worthless but we weren't there to watch tv. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. Well manicured. Tons of flowers. Pool water was clear. Plenty of chairs. Jacuzzi next to pool was relaxing to sit in at night. Decent view of lake (across the street) but no public access. If you want to go to beach, go to the state park...just a short bike ride. Speaking of bikes: they were included with your stay which was pretty awesome! We must have rode 10+ miles in 3 days. It was a memorable trip. Check-in was easy. Front desk staff was friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Heather O
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Drunken Partiers? Disrespectful of property? Stay up drinking and partying all night? You make it sound like a fraternity siege on Kelleys Island and you weren't even there. I was one of the four people sitting outside our room talking at 11:00PM. We arehagard mid 40's working stiffs sitting on little plastic chairs that were provided. The couple that roomed next to us, went in around 10:00PM. The next day we told them we were chased into our rooms at 11:00PM and they were stunned.They did not hear us at all sleeping 3 feet away from us and we did not know each other. The only thing we had in common was picking the same weekend to stay at Venture Retirement Center. After reading some other reviews, this was not an isolated incident. "The courage to stand up to guest", what melodrama. There is no talking after 11:00PM. I just wanted to set the record straight.Test my theory, stand outside your room and talk to your mate at 11:01PM. They will be a' comin' for you.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Sam M

Travelers are raving about these Kelleys Island hotels

Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you want to escape the mad rush of life and stay right on the shores of Lake Erie, I recommend booking some time at this gorgeous resort hotel. Well -manicured exterior and super clean--no bed bugs here--this is a place Kelleys Island has sorely needed for decades. Since the early 1970s, my family has boated from the main land out to Kelleys and Put-N-Bay Islands, and the islands have always lacked suitable accommodations. Kelleys Island Venture Resort has added class and quality previously unseen on the island. The rooms/suites are lovely, with tvs in both the bedroom and living room, a microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator, and in about three rooms, there is a stove. There's even a conference room if your company wants to book a working weekend/week getaway. I have heard the hotel has been popular in this regard.
The owners/staff are exceptionally solicitous, making every effort to accommodate visitors. I have stayed at far too many hotels--luxury ones around the world--where i could NEVER get to sleep at night because the management would not tell the drunken partiers to be quiet. I never saw a "creepy resort dude" come around and tell people to go to bed, but I would welcome any one from hotel management who has the courage to stand up to guests who are disrespectful of property and others' rights. If you want to stay up drinking and partying all night, don't do it here where others' want to have a peaceful, relaxing, respite. Go camping or stay at one of the rundown B&Bs.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms with the patios.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Leslieloveswildlife
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We LOVED this resort! Our rooms were 223 and 224 and we stayed with friends (3 in one room, 4 in the other) These rooms had 2 beds upstairs and 1 down- I would have liked to have queen or king beds - doubles are too small. The rooms and the grounds were beautiful- we had a view of the pool with the lake out past that. Easy walk to town, but we took a van over to haul us around because the weather was rainy at times. The K.I Brewery (next door)had a yummy breakfast! We were there in September, so the summer crowd was gone. We would all go again!

Room Tip: Just look on their website, it is all self-explainatory
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tamera C
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed off season for a two night stay. Cost of $376. What a waste of money. On our first night we were outside our room chatting with another couple. Creepy "resort" dude tells us it's time to be quiet. Yep, that's right. You're not allowed to talk outside of your room after 11pm. We were floored. Motel Hell has a curfew. Do yourself a favor and rent a cottage or B&B if you visit Kelley's Island. The rooms are nothing to write home about. And we could do without being put to bed at 11pm.

• Stayed September 2012
7 Thank 411buckeye
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Kelly's Island Venture Resort sits on an extremely well manicured piece of real estate. The property is beautiful with lush grass and beautiful landscaping. The pool is well maintained, although small, and the hot tub is very nice.

I did like the rooms. There is an keyed entrance/exit as well as a non-keyed entrance to the pool side of the room. It can be a bit of a hassle as the only keyed entrance is opposite the pool, BUT, there is truly not a great street exit to leave the hotel from this door, so we found it a non-issue. Rooms 121-125 (second floor options 221-225) face the lake and are on the back side of the hotel. We felt these are the prime rooms since they are off the parking lot. and face a wooded quiet area.. Room 123 is handicapped accessible. If one is renting a second story room, it appears that rooms 123 and 125 are separate, but share a balcony. Room 119 has only a parking lot view as it is split with room 120 which has the pool view. All other rooms have a a separate entrance door/pool side door.

The rooms are very nice. The bedroom is the first room entered from the keyed entry closest to the parking lot. There is a hallway with a bathroom/closet separating the living area. This room has a loveseat, chair, desk/chair, counter with a large dorm sized fridge, microwave, and full sized coffee pot. We found it nice, the furniture is not super comfortable, but guests can abuse furnishings, so we were still pleased.

We had no issues with the staff. Check in was around 3:00, no exceptions. We tried to check in early, but no luck. It seems that here rules are rules here- plain and simple.This was our only interaction with the staff

The reviews are correct when they point out that there is no private patio. One can reach out and touch their neighbor if they are sitting on the resin chairs outside the rooms. No issue for us, we enjoyed socializing with our neighbors!! There certainly was nothing else to do on a chilly fall evening other than share a couple drinks,getting to know our neighbors, We did go in early to celebrate our anniversary; however, we found our later that anyone outside talking at 11:00 was told to go inside. REALLY...to be told to go inside at 11:00 - on an island where there is nothing else to do other than drink on a fall night!! My mommy and daddy would have let me stay us after mid-night talking. So...the 11:00 "quiet time" is really go in and shut up time. Seems a bit childish.

There is no continental breakfast - one would think for the price that they would throw in a bagel. On the plus side....bring your own breakfast and lunch food and save a few bucks. There aren't that many decent places to eat anyway. There is no fitness center, but on the plus side, one can take a bike out for free.

Would I stay here again? I doubt it...I would rent a cabin or ferry from the mainland for the day.

Room Tip: Rooms 121 - 125 (221=225 upstairs) have the best lake view. 133 is handicapped accessible. Avoid R...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
The Island House Hotel
#3 of 17 in Port Clinton
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers

Been to Kelleys Island Venture Resort? Share your experiences!