“love to shop”

Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Johnstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Johnstown holds their Swappers Day every labor day weekend. beginning Friday and closing Monday evening. I go every year with my family to find great deals on...well everything. it's the worlds largest yard sale. you can find anything there even pets. this year I came home with a stylish horse paper towel holder for $15, 2 loafs of Amish made banana bread. 2 designer t-shirts(beautiful) for $8 each, a gorgeous wooden 2 door jewelry box for $5, various natural jewelry(necklaces & bracelets) for $30, horse picture for $4, John Wayne clock for $4, real leather change purse also $4, decorative globe of the Earth for $2, furreal stuffed animal(working battery operated) $4, designer purse $20, and a straw hat $5. there were too many items to see and if I had more money I would have come home with a lot more. my dad purchased several nic-nacs for under $30. my cousin bought an antique lamp for $5. so many great deals on so many items. the dog races are fun entertainment when you need to sit and rest. the food venders are amazing-French fries, pizza, polish sausage, veggie stand, ice cream stand(great milk shakes), lemonade stand, water/pop stand, elephant ears...etc. this is just a great place for the family to get outside and get some items they need or could give as someone's birthday, Christmas...etc. present. the John Wayne clock I got as a present for my mother. parking is free but there's a $5 admission fee and you get your hand stamped in case you have to return to your vehicle to unload some of what your buying. they do have tractor shuttles to take you from your car to the gate. they have volunteer police to act as crossing guards if you decide to walk from the car to the gate.

1  Thank Lacie C