“Where else are you going to stay...you're in Jeffersonville, OH for God's sake” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Washington Court House

Hampton Inn Washington Court House
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2009

The service was excellent, the rooms were pretty standard, my room had a flat screen TV (which surprised me). My only complaint was that the "exercise room" was a joke. Two treadmills, a broken exercise bike, and the first eliptical ever invented does not constitute an exercise room in my opinion. There really aren't any better options in the area so this is your best bet.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Northeast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

As a rule you can count on Hampton but this hotel was a disappointment. The hotel rigged the TVs so the volume was so low you could not hear it. They also had no hot water for a shower. I called the front desk about these matters and was told there was nothing that could be done.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Argiel
Henderson KY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

Elevator out of order, sign in lobby looked weeks old. We were given a 3rd floor room. Ice Machine on 3rd floor out of order. Coke Machine on 1st floor out of order. Side doors not locked at night. Old TVs had very limited channels. This Hampton Inn was not up to the standards I had expected from a Hampton Inn. I would not stay here again. I would drive on to Columbus.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CharlieCr4d
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2007

A girls day out and stayed at the Hampton after shopping at the Outlet Mall. This could have been a good experience except for the following. The bad ...I had booked a non smoking room with two queens. Air conditioning was off (typical) so we walked into a warm "smoked smelled" room, which was not very inviting. I called the front desk right away, to change rooms and they said the hotel was totally booked. She did offer to spray the room. She also said, well I guess someone smoked in that room. (I think it had been a smoking room) Two hours later they called and offered to refund our money so we could find another hotel. (we were ready for bed)
What can Hotels do? I guess they could offer to take something off the price of your room? (or) Offer to refund your money when you call the front desk and not two hours later. The other thing was the ceiling had water marks and cracked but it did look like they tried to patch and cover.
Good of it...nice people working there, they offered coupons to the Mall, good breakfast, bed was comfortable. They did have a pool but we did not use. (indoor) Good experience (to be fair) except for the "stinky" room which for us was bothersome.

• Liked — good breakfast
  • Disliked — smelly room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank carol
Northern Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2007

Stayed at this Hampton Inn after a day of shopping at the outlet mall (it's about two minutes away from the mall). Nice room, very good beds, bathroom was big enough, had a fridge. My two 6 year old boys loved the pool and the hot tub. Both were very clean. The pool water was a little chilly, but no more so than all indoor pools. The breakfast was good and there was plenty of everything. The breakfast area was very roomy and didn't feel crowded. There is a Bob Evans and a BBQ restaurant within walking distance of the hotel. We tried the BBQ place and it was very good - nice atmosphere and great food. I didn't check us in to the room, so can't comment on the front desk staff, but all other staff we encountered in the hallways or the breakfast area were extremely friendly and had plenty of smiles. All in all, nice stay and will definitely go back to this hotel next time I get to go to the outlet mall!!

• Liked — Location close to the outlet mall.
  • Disliked — No accommodations for people outside smoking.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Deedi64
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

This was a nice Hampton. I've shopped at the outlet malls nearby several times on day trips and always assumed that any hotel in that area just couldn't be too nice. I was wrong.

It's by no means a 4 or 5 star hotel, BUT it was clean, the beds are very comfortable, the staff was nice, it was a great value. I was very pleased.

My husband and I stopped after spending a late night in Columbus and I wanted to go to the outlet malls in the morning so as opposed to staying in larger more expensive Columbus hotels I thought I'd risk a night here - so that we could sleep in. It was well worth it. The mall is across the street. There are several fast food restaurants and gas stations near by. There are not mid scale restaurants like Applebees or Ruby Tuesdays nearby. You would have to stop at Grove City on the north side or down toward Mason on the Cincinnati side for something like that.

Oh yeah, I didn't have breakfast but my husband said that he shared his table with an older lady and they both felt that this Hampton had a smaller selection of breakfast items than most - and they didn't like the food very well.

• Liked — location to outlet mall
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank spkjones
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2006

A couple of girlfriends and I recently spent the weekend shopping at the Jeffersonville outlet mall and were all very impressed with this hotel.

The property is easy to find, is seconds away from the mall, is very clean, has a very friendly staff and VERY comfy beds. The free breakfast looked great as well, but we decided to take advantage of the Bob Evans right across the street instead. In addition to the Bob Evans there's also a cute little BBQ place nearby as well as a few fast food choices. It really seems like you're out in the middle of nowhere there, but there are definitely enough options for a weekend trip. It's also an easy drive to Dayton if you'd want even more options. We did that one night and had a great time.

The only trouble that we had was that for some reason the reservation I made on the hotel's website didn't show up in the hotel's system. But, I had printed off a copy of the confirmation and when I gave it to the front desk lady she got it all sorted out in no time.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those who might want a place to crash after a long day of shopping. :)

• Liked — Very clean, very convenient to the mall (which was the reason for our trip) and very friendly staff!
  • Disliked — I really can't think of one negative thing
  • Tips/Secrets — Be sure to make your reservations early if you'll be staying there during the Christmas shopping season. There is really one other nice hotel near the mall so this one fills up quickly. The hotel was completely packed when we were there so I'm glad we booked the room well ahead of time.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
3 Thank janedoe07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington Court House Jeffersonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Washington Court House
Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House
Holiday Inn Express Washington C...
#1 of 3 in Washington Court House
Econo Lodge Jeffersonville
Econo Lodge Jeffersonville
#4 of 5 in Jeffersonville
Quality Inn Washington Court House
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington

Been to Hampton Inn Washington Court House? Share your experiences!