“No Power All Night - No Adjustment to Bill”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Jackson

Days Inn Jackson
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Jackson
Cincinnati, Ohio
“No Power All Night - No Adjustment to Bill”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stopped after a long motorcycle trip to stay at this hotel off the highway. The price of $101 (with tax) was quite high but we opted to stay since we were very tired. They would not provide a senior discount because we choose not support the liberal AARP. We were told about the pool and the "hot" breakfast. Power went out at 8:00 p.m. We left for dinner. Came back at 10, still no power. Asked the clerk who told us transformer is blown and she called the police. The police? Well, ok. So we asked her if the bill will be adjusted accordingly as we have no pool now, no tv, no lights, no internet, and no air conditioning. She refused to look me in the eye and said that would be up to the manager who was not working the weekend.

The power came on at 4:00 AM Sunday morning. The "hot" breakfast consisted of gravy. And you could make your own hot waffle. There was a microwave to make things hot, so I guess that counted.

At checkout, I said to the 2nd clerk now on duty that again we had no lights - used our own flashlight to brush our teeth, etc., no air, nothing and I feel the bill should be adjusted. Again, no eye contact, no apology for our inconvenience. She just said it was up to the manager who apparently cannot be contacted on a weekend. I did make her give the manager's name and number to me. Maybe she might show up to work tomorrow.

In the meantime I will contest the bill through Discover. I understand a blown transformer is out of their control; however, since they could not deliver what we agreed to pay for (i.e. a room with lights, tv, air conditoning, and a pool), they should make a courtesy adjustment. Additionally they should be respectful to seniors who don't believe in the AARP politics.

The place was very clean - we could see that while we still had daylight. However, due to the poor customer service, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

, General Manager at Days Inn Jackson, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
I am truly sorry that you had such a negative experience while visiting with us. As you mentioned, a transformer had blown which put our section of the city out of electrical power until 4am Sunday morning. Guests, those in-house and those yet to check in, were offered to go to Comfort Inn, a half mile down the street, as that hotel did have power. I'm not sure why you chose not to go, but in any case, though the hotel had no control over the power situation, we have refunded your entire stay. I am also sorry you did not care for the breakfast, though the items we have out in our breakfast bar are more than what is required by our hotel brand. As regards why I was not on premises...I was out of town for my 18th anniversary, and I know our employees well enough to be confident that many apologies were issued to all the guests. May I also make mention that our employees do not have "some source of energy" that allows them to be in the light and cool. Our front desk clerk had no a/c and only the emergency light from which to see. Again, I am sorry for your bad experience at our hotel. Most of those here Saturday were very understanding, and some took our offer to go to Comfort. I hope, in the light of a new day, you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to serve you in a better way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cleveland Ohio
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We found the room to be very clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly, helpful and accommodating. The pool was opened a little early at a guest's request.
Breakfast included fresh fruit which is something I welcome when traveling.
The rooms were very quiet.

The expense for a pet was a little high $20.00 and the room a bit small considering the price and the location. The shower curtains need to be hung differently. One cannot prevent getting the floor wet. Stylish - but impractical.
However, if I am in the area again I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Stayed at this hotel while hiking a series of short hikes in Southern Ohio. Hotel was nice and clean, breakfast good, and the employees pleasant.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Chicago
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Clearly this hotel needed an updated review for 2009! Yes, the area is very rural, but if you're going to or stopping through Jackson, OH, you must already know that. My husband and I had a very nice stay in our room which included a small frig, microwave, coffee maker, and hair dryer. We were pleasantly surprised! With temps in the 90s+, the air worked great! Everything was neat and clean enough, not luxurious but cute, and that's just what we were paying for. Very cute pool area with a sauna (but that wasn't working). Supposedly there was construction going on, but we barely heard a thing beyond the usual doors, etc. you hear in a hotel, and we saw nothing. We didn't try the free continental breakfast because we were taking family out instead, but the breakfast visitors looked content. This hotel is directly off the highway, easy to find, and next to a gas station which is all very convenient. We drove through town (very easy to do!) a few times, and I can only remember seeing one other hotel. We made the right choice and do recommend you stay here! Oh, and there was wifi, but I have a computer card so didn't try it. And there was a very small one-computer/printer business center, which is better than nothing in a pinch.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maryelise8863
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2007

Myself and my teenage daughter have been traveling all around Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia visiting colleges. I try to book with Days Inn, Comfort Inn & suites, Red Roof, and Super 8...all due to the cheaper prices. We are visitng 2 schools per overnight trip therefore we are staying only for 1 night and trying to stay as cheap as possible. Due to this we have come across some pretty bad hotels. This particular Days Inn in Jackson, Ohio was very clean, smelled nice, staff was great, pool was nice, and the hot breakfast was very good. I would definitelty visit this hotel again if ever in the area. WE paid $67.00 for a double room. Has blow dryer, mini fridge, coffee, tea, iron, and board, and free tolietries.

• Liked — price...cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank deputy836
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Gallipolis
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Piketon

Been to Days Inn Jackson? Share your experiences!