“Older property, but well-located and well-maintained, and priced right” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Independence

Comfort Inn Independence
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Independence
CT
“Older property, but well-located and well-maintained, and priced right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Checked in very late for a short night. Great bed. Very effective and quiet HVAC. Did not use Internet, so can't vouch for it. Very friendly staff both evening and morning. Clean inside and out. Very conveniently located. Room was quiet. Shower drain was slow - a sign of maintenance needed. Breakfast presentation was very clean - choices were standard Comfort Inn. A safe choice

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you very much for the positive comments on your hotel review. All reviews are evaluated by our management staff. We do hope you will be able to visit with us soon. Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

The last comfort inn I rated got a 5 (Bangor ME)- the one in Independence was no where near that one. The front desk folks seem to want to ignore you. Hard not to hear their phone conversions - most of which I heard were private - not related to motel business. Breakfast - a single toaster and single waffle maker are much to insufficient for the breakfast crowd. Waffle mix was out and no one around to replenish. Bagels and English muffins out. Unlike many Comfort Inn they serve the same meat every day - some kind of sausage patty.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I know your time is valuable. Your comments, whether positive or or with issues are brought to the attention of all our hotel supervisors. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectation. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that we can do better the next time. Have a great day.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July 2014. I had the king bed with a sofa in it. The room was spacious, plenty of drawer and hanging space. The bathroom was very clean. Parking seemed to be plentiful. It was very busy during my stay. I didn't get a chance to try the breakfast, but I saw many travelers eating there and it smelled good. My only complaint would be the room I stayed in seemed to be damp, from the humidity or something and their was a very strong dog smell right past the lobby the first few days I was there. Other than that, the hotel itself was nice and I will be staying there again during my many visits to this city. The other thing I didn't know about was tipping the housekeeping staff. I noticed there was an envelope for tipping in the book when I got into my room, but the day before I was checking out, it was actually left on my desk. Since I had never seen this before, I was a little put out that the solicitation was so obvious but apparently this is a new practice for hotels and their house keeping staff, although that did not happen at the Comfort Suites I stayed at in Georgia or Arkansas. So I guess you could say I learned something new :)

Room Tip: I was on the first level and didn't really have any issues with my room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It was our pleasure to serve your hotel needs, and your kind words were greatly appreciated. Thank you for bringing the tip issue to my attention, and no it is not a new practice for you to deal with. My housekeeping supervisor has been made aware of the issue and will see to it that it does not occur again. Your understanding is appreciated.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your future hotel needs when visiting Independence again. Have a great day.
forest, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Made reservation over the phone. Desk person suggested best way to handle my situation. Wasn't sure how long we'd stay and a holiday was coming up. Gave me an extra late check-out if needed. Told me about perks I wasn't aware I had. Room spacious. Breakfast outstanding and has something for everyone. Price reasonable. Close to eating places. Easy access to freeway. Will continue to stay here when in the area.

Room Tip: Quiet all over.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thankk you for your favorable response to our hotel survey. Your positive comments were a pleasure for management and our staff to read... We are delighted that you were able to have acomfortable stay with us and hope you will be able to returrn soon. Enjoy the 4th.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Room was very clean and the whole staff was friendly and helpful. Lovely pool - what a relaxing stay! Breakfast had a lot of variety and hit the spot. Will stay again. Location has easy access to the highway and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with usand hope you were able to enjoy our pool and sunny deck. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and hope you will be able to return soon and check out our new improvements comming in the near future
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I am going to open this by saying the hotel is very clean and the service was very congenial. The entry and the overall appearance of the hotel was very good but in the case of our room (jacuzzi suite) it was a bit dated.

The only real issue I had was the extraordinary amount of noise from the room above us. I'm not certain anyone was at fault but it sounded like a troupe of Elephant's from our room.

In short I would stay again but I will be requesting a top floor only for sure.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review our hotel. Hope you will be able to visit with us again to enjoy our upcomming completion of our renovation.
Alton, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

A lovely brick building on one edge of other hotels and restaurants and on the other edge of some woods. I never had the time to make it out to the pool deck myself but it always looked very inviting as I grabbed my breakfast.
The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were always very nice.
Compared to the other hotels nearby this one looks to be much smaller. I think this worked to my advantage because I could come & go out the front or back doors, whichever was more convenient at the time, and be just about as close to my car either way.
Independence was a good location for me to stay in. I had work to do all around the Cleveland area and it was a good central location to everywhere I needed to go. When I got a little free time it was also very easy to get into the city and do some sight seeing. There are also quite a lot of restaurant choices close by. What there did not seem to be were convenience or grocery stores besides one or two little gas stations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. Your comments were greatly appreciated by our staff, and we are delighted your enjoyed your stay with us as well as our location. Hope to see you soon.