“The best nights rest I ever had.”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Cleveland, Ohio
“The best nights rest I ever had.”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The bed was so incredably comfortable that I wished I had the mattress at home. The night I stayed the hotel was sold out. I couldn't believe how quiet it was I expected to hear something with so many people staying. The Front desk staff was so friendly and the coffee was delious. I will stay again whenever my travels take me through the cleveland area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank aprill1984

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Lorain, OH
Reviewed February 24, 2010

The staff was friendly, check-in was easy, room was very clean, and express check-out was a snap.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Quebec
Reviewed May 19, 2008

I booked a business room for the weekend which included a desk, microwave, fridge, free wireless and a king size bed.

As I read the reviews here, i prepared a shampo in advance. they only provide a cheap 1 pouch shampo bag (like a Ketchup bag in Mcdonald's). There is no liquid hand soap, so be warned.

The room was large enough and was pretty quiet. The room invcluded a free wireless internet (decent speed), however I had to go to the front desk every day to take a pre-load card to charge the T-mobile account since they refused to provid all cards in advanced for my 3 night stay. The third time I had to pick up my card I had to wait 15 minutes for the guy who checked in, as there is only one concierge at every given time.

The bed was quite comfortable, but I had to use some pillows to get a better support for my head. There was a GREAT lamp above the headboard which was very convinent for my reading. If someone from Red Roof read this post and know where I can get this lamp, please post a reply.

The bathroom wasn't very clean. I noticed that they didn't bother to replace a used toilet paper with a new pack when I got the room. It may be good for saving the planet, but I wasn't impressed. Also there were some dark spots on the wood floor and couple of hairs laying on the interior walls of the bath (which surprisingly were not removed for my entire stay). I had the feeling that the housekeeping could do better cleaning the bathroom.

There was no Starbucks or decent coffee shop in this town that I could find, only limited selection of few family restuants such as Outback, Bob Evan's and Red Robin. down the road there are two large groccery shops (nothing special) and large McDonald's. Driving to down town Cleveland took at least 25 minutes. however, there is a great selection of dine in places in suburbs which are more closer.

Overall, ok motel , a bit above average, could be a great value if it was cleaner.

• Liked — BED
  • Disliked — BATHROOM
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leominster, MA
Reviewed October 24, 2007

Booked through Hotels.com, was actually cheaper to book directly through the hotel.

Hotel is about 10 minutes away form downtown Cleveland, and was a perfect for a last minute trip to catch the ALDS, and watch the Red Sox in Game 5.

Everthing at this hotel is average. Everything you need for a quick stop. Nothing was bad. The stairways didnt look to neat and clean, but this is not a 5 star hotel. Nothing bad, or extremely good to say about it. Bathroom was very small.

• Liked — Availability of rooms at last minute
  • Disliked — 10 minute drive from downtown
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RonG42
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed July 10, 2007

They have redone the rooms at this property. I know this because have
stayed here before, in spring of 2006, with my son's hockey team & it
is much nicer now. The inside is clean. A/C worked fine - helped drown out the noise from the outside. Bathroom is good, with sink outside the bathroom door, which if you have more than 1 person in your room, helps facilitate getting ready in the morning. The extra ammenties are not the best, but adequate. Get 1 pouch of shampoo & 1 of conditioner. 2 pillows on each bed. Room only had 2 towels, but when asked they readily gave us some more. Coffee in the lobby. But this is also a good location with a couple of places for food just down the hill or up the hill form hotel. Easy to get to & easy driving access to downtown Cleveland from here. We paid $82, including tax, AAA rate. I would have no problem staying here agin, if need be.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — Short on ammenities.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank readynow
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 18, 2006

Cheap for the area. Very clean and fairly spacious room. Nice but tiny bathroom with awesome water pressure in the shower. No complimentary breakfast but they do have coffee in the lobby.

My biggest complaint was the lack of shampoo or conditioner in the room. I've stayed in a lot of h/motels and even the cheapest have offered these things for free so I didn't even bother to pack them. HOWEVER, they do sell it from a vending machine for an insane price of $2 for 2 tiny packets. Luckily they are conveniently located close to several drug store.

There are two popular breakfast restaurants and a gas station right in front of the motel.

The stay here was definitely worth the price.

• Stayed March 2006