“Better than our first choice”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Easley
“Better than our first choice”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our first Cleveland night was in a "premium brand" motel nearby, which had broken (actually) bedsprings in the noisy mattresses. Next morning we investigated 3 other nearby motels and were won over by Kurt Stevenson's (Manager) professionalism and friendliness. He was very busy but fit us in during his check-out times, and we were relieved to find brand-new mattresses and a very clean (although smaller) end unit room. Easy walk to several restaurants and quick Interstate access were a major plus. I recommend Kurt Stevenson and his friendly staff to anyone and will use this Red Roof next time we're in Cleveland. It's a great value and is just as nice as the "premium brand" motels - just has smaller rooms.

Room Tip: Our room was the downstairs end unit of the rear building, against a vegetative embankment and in a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a Review. I am so glad that I was able to assist you and make your experience with us a memorable one. We strive to personalize every guest’s experience, and try to make this your home away from home. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travel plans require lodging in the Cleveland/Independence area.

Warm Regards,
Kurt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have traveled plenty of times before to ohio and have stayed at this red roof never had a promblem so let me start by tell you how disgusting the rooms was when I went it , there was pubic hair all ovee the bathroom, floors were sticky, no vaccum was done I even found this under the bed, spidee webs all over the corners of floor, gum on all it stank horrible, to top it off I found a blood sucking bug , I asked the from desk to clean it and guess what house keeping did she put a do not disturb sign up went it the room move the dirty towel trash can and left light on when I had all lights off and didn't even have a damn sign, and did nothing at all
Came back from a stressful doctors appiontment to find the room as dirty as I found it...
We got moved to a different room to find it alittle cleaner but was as dirty spider webs on windows bathroom n corners of room buggers on walls...Never again will I stay here

• Stayed September 2013
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. The issues you describe are quite alarming and certainly not the norm. Please know that my entire team takes pride in our renovated rooms. Please accept my sincere apologies and we hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the true value and quality our guests have come to expect.
Chestertown, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice updated room and very clean. Stayed overnight,but would definitely return. Convenient to Hyways and restaurants. Helpful and friendly staff. We were able to easily park our car in front of the room. The price was much lower than hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Had a superior king
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a Review. I have informed the staff of your experience, and they are glad that they were able to make it enjoyable. Our goal is to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable room, great service, for an affordable price. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travel plans require lodging in the Cleveland/Independence area.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Nicely landscaped grounds, hotel is in a nice area of town near restaurants. This is our first stay and Cindy at the front desk made sure we got a very nice deluxe room that was accomodating for my travel friend who is handicapped. Brand new rooms totally updated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a Review. I have informed Cindy of your kind words and she is happy that she was able to assist you during your stay. We are newly renovated and locate right off of the highway, for easy and convenient access. There are plenty of eating establishments nearby, including Bob Evan’s, Winking Lizard, and Many more. I am glad you had a pleasant experience and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travel plans require lodging in the Cleveland/Independence area.

Wurzburg, Germany
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed there for two nights but we did not sleep well because from very early in the morning you could hear people and cars. There were also quite some people with trucks there and the trucks were very noisy when the engine was turned on.
The room itself was clean and fine. It is a good choice if you leave early in the morning, but not if you are on vacation and like to sleep a little longer.

1 Thank Unterfranke_123
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the noise issues that you experienced. We do wish for our guest to get a good night sleep and leave feeling well rested. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I can address this issue for you. We hope to see you again the next time your travel plans require lodging in the Cleveland/ Independence area.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Red Roof Inns have definitely upped their game when it comes to providing a nice room. The rooms have recently been renovated including wood-look laminate flooring, small refrigerator, microwave, large flat screen TV and granite type bath counter. Tops on my list was the excellent lighting! We are constantly looking for decent places to stay when traveling with our dog. This location had a grassy area for walking our dog at the end of the hotel. Our room was large with a King bed and workstation desk with a good task lighting and plenty of outlets for charging devices. The free Wi-Fi worked perfectly. The staff was accommodating and allowed an early check in. No breakfast offered but coffee and tea are available both in the rooms and lobby. For the reasonable price, this hotel is a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your comments with the staff and we are pleased that you had such a great experience with us. We like to offer our guests a clean and comfortable room, at an affordable price. We recently had some work done at the end of the property to make this area a great place to walk your pets. Thank you again for your kind word and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travel plans require lodging in the Cleveland/ Independence area.

Independence
Reviewed August 14, 2013

It was a good hotel for the price! It's just a little drive from downtown, but at least it had free parking! The dining around that area was excellent as well. I would definitely stay here again. The outside area may need a little work. but the room itself was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Jessica453
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As you have said we are convenient located 10 minutes from Downtown Cleveland. This short distance allows guest to enjoy the city without having to stay in Downtown. Also, there are plenty of locale restaurants close by to choose from. I have shared your experience with the staff, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travel plans require lodging in the Cleveland/ Independence area.