“surprised by how nice it was” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence

Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Newton, Massachusetts
“surprised by how nice it was”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Came here for our daughter's graduation. Also booked my mother and sister.
We didn't expect much but it was much nicer than we expected. My brother had
intended to come but bowed at at the last minute. My mother and sister got
exhausted after 7 hrs of driving and stopped at a different hotel for the first night.
The staff were friendly and courteous even though I called from the road to cancel
2 rooms 1/2 hr before the 6pm deadline.
The microwave and refrigerator added to the economy of the room since we ate
our breakfast in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your great comments with my staff, and they are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on proving our guests with a nice, clean, comfortable room, and good service. I am glad to hear we were able to make your experience an enjoyable one, and we look forward to seeing you again during you next visit to the Cleveland/ Independence area.

Kurt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Johnson City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was an inexpensive one-night stay near Cleveland. We were passing through and wanted to stop at the zoo so this was convenient. The room was a bit cramped and, except for the floor, was generally clean and in good repair. Easy on-off the highway with a few restaurants near by. Decent value for the money this close to a big city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your remarks with my staff and they are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are only 7 minutes from Downtown Cleveland, which makes traveling to the city easy. We do offer a package deal with the Cleveland Zoo which includes your room, two admission passes to the zoo and rainforest, along with a 10% discount coupon for the Zoo Gift Store. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Cleveland/Independence area.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've been traveling to this location for a few months now for business purposes. I've never had an issue with any of the rooms, always clean and tidy. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Great location, close to restaurants and highway. Plenty of room with desk space and refrigerator and microwave. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: I always upgrade to the rooms with a microwave and refrigerator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I have shared your remarks with my staff and they are happy that you have always had a pleasant experience staying with us. We are right off of the highway, which is very convenient for travelers. Also there are many restaurants close by where you can grab a bite to eat. I am glad that you have had a great experience with us, and we look forward to giving you another great stay during your next visit to the Cleveland/Independence area.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Came here with our dog on June 2nd for one night. Very friendly staff. Rooms well kept, clean and very comfortable. Great location for the nearby state park and with plenty of restaurants to choose from nearby.

Will continue to use Red Roof Inns after this experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I have shared your experience with the staff, and they are happy to hear about your great comments. We like to offer our guests clean and comfortable rooms at a great value. As you have mentioned, Cuyahoga Valley National Park is right down the road from us, and is great if you have a furry friend that you would like to take for a walk. I am happy that you had a good experience with us, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Cleveland/Independence area.

Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Kathi at this location as well as April were very helpful answering questions, etc. We had come to the Cleveland Clinic for appointments and tests. Kathi upgraded us to a room with a microwave and refrigerator and gave us a special rate for the patients of Cleveland Clinic. This was very helpful financially as we were there for about 10 days. The Winking Lizard next door had great food and was within walking distance as well as Bob Evans and Denny. What made the stay great was the carrying by Kathi and April.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jon B, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your remarks with Kathi and April, and they are happy that they were able to help make your experience with us a good one. We wish when you stay for this to be your home away from home. I am so glad that we could give you that personalized experience. We look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are in the Cleveland/Independence area.

Warm regards,
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The man at the front desk was helpful, the room was clean, and we had a good night's sleep. If you stay there, know that the hotel does not follow the common practice of providing even a light breakfast -- only coffee -- a Denny's and Bob Evans are a short walk away. Our room did not have a hair dryer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that my staff was helpful and that you left with a good night sleep. As you had mentioned, we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, however there is a Bob Evans and Denny’s within walking distance. I have shared your remarks with my staff and we look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are in the Cleveland/Independence area.
Timmins, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were four travelling on three motorcycles - my son & I on two bikes, his friend and his friend's wife on the third bike. We spotted the Red Roof Inn from the highway and given the high ratings the chain normally receives in reviews, we stopped and used wireless internet at a restaurant next door to assist in securing rooms for the night, and then headed over. Once our luggage had been removed from our bikes, my son & I entered our room The couple accompanying us came over to let us know that their room had not been adequately cleaned. His wife pulled the covers off our beds and sure enough, not only had they also been slept in, there were pubic hairs in the bed linen in one of them. We all headed over to the office. Upon learning of this, the clerk was mortified. We were given keys to fresh rooms. The couple was in luck - their new room was clean, but ours wasn't. My son & I made the trek back to the office. I offered that if the clerk gave us fresh linens, we'd make the beds ourselves. The clerk told us that we couldn't be expected to make our own beds, but we also couldn't remain in that room as there was no spare linen available. She made a call to the owner and was authorized to offer us rooms in the main building. We'd already moved twice, now - using a housekeeping cart - we were moving a third time only to find that this room had also not received a thorough cleaning but at least the beds were OK, and we'd only be in the room for a few hours, so we opted to stay. The couple opted to remain in the other building. Final tally - we checked five rooms to get two, and had we not settled for these, would have had to move on... Not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WoodCarver1
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We appreciate your feedback about your stay from last June of 2012 but were unable to validate your comments. We take great pride in the quality and cleanliness of our newly renovated rooms. Please feel free to contact us directly to discuss the problems you describe and what we can do to earn your business back.
Thank-you.