“Wonderful experience!”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Came here with our dog on June 2nd for one night. Very friendly staff. Rooms well kept, clean and very comfortable. Great location for the nearby state park and with plenty of restaurants to choose from nearby.

Will continue to use Red Roof Inns after this experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I have shared your experience with the staff, and they are happy to hear about your great comments. We like to offer our guests clean and comfortable rooms at a great value. As you have mentioned, Cuyahoga Valley National Park is right down the road from us, and is great if you have a furry friend that you would like to take for a walk. I am happy that you had a good experience with us, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Cleveland/Independence area.

Kurt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Kathi at this location as well as April were very helpful answering questions, etc. We had come to the Cleveland Clinic for appointments and tests. Kathi upgraded us to a room with a microwave and refrigerator and gave us a special rate for the patients of Cleveland Clinic. This was very helpful financially as we were there for about 10 days. The Winking Lizard next door had great food and was within walking distance as well as Bob Evans and Denny. What made the stay great was the carrying by Kathi and April.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jon B, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your remarks with Kathi and April, and they are happy that they were able to help make your experience with us a good one. We wish when you stay for this to be your home away from home. I am so glad that we could give you that personalized experience. We look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are in the Cleveland/Independence area.

Warm regards,
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The man at the front desk was helpful, the room was clean, and we had a good night's sleep. If you stay there, know that the hotel does not follow the common practice of providing even a light breakfast -- only coffee -- a Denny's and Bob Evans are a short walk away. Our room did not have a hair dryer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that my staff was helpful and that you left with a good night sleep. As you had mentioned, we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, however there is a Bob Evans and Denny’s within walking distance. I have shared your remarks with my staff and we look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are in the Cleveland/Independence area.
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were four travelling on three motorcycles - my son & I on two bikes, his friend and his friend's wife on the third bike. We spotted the Red Roof Inn from the highway and given the high ratings the chain normally receives in reviews, we stopped and used wireless internet at a restaurant next door to assist in securing rooms for the night, and then headed over. Once our luggage had been removed from our bikes, my son & I entered our room The couple accompanying us came over to let us know that their room had not been adequately cleaned. His wife pulled the covers off our beds and sure enough, not only had they also been slept in, there were pubic hairs in the bed linen in one of them. We all headed over to the office. Upon learning of this, the clerk was mortified. We were given keys to fresh rooms. The couple was in luck - their new room was clean, but ours wasn't. My son & I made the trek back to the office. I offered that if the clerk gave us fresh linens, we'd make the beds ourselves. The clerk told us that we couldn't be expected to make our own beds, but we also couldn't remain in that room as there was no spare linen available. She made a call to the owner and was authorized to offer us rooms in the main building. We'd already moved twice, now - using a housekeeping cart - we were moving a third time only to find that this room had also not received a thorough cleaning but at least the beds were OK, and we'd only be in the room for a few hours, so we opted to stay. The couple opted to remain in the other building. Final tally - we checked five rooms to get two, and had we not settled for these, would have had to move on... Not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WoodCarver1
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We appreciate your feedback about your stay from last June of 2012 but were unable to validate your comments. We take great pride in the quality and cleanliness of our newly renovated rooms. Please feel free to contact us directly to discuss the problems you describe and what we can do to earn your business back.
Thank-you.
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed here many times and have been very pleased. The hotel is comfortable and the location is great and the rates are good. They take the Cats with out an extra charge, which is always a plus. The rooms are clean and amply furnished. While they do not have food, the restaurant next store is a reasonable alternative! This was not my best stay however, but I arrived later then usual and the one room left was not the best of rooms. In spite of that I would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Check in early.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Charley-
Thanks for writing a review on your recent stay in Cleveland. I'm glad you like us for our comfort, location and price. We'll see you next time you're in town.
Wheelersburg, Ohio
Reviewed April 25, 2013

During a recent business trip to Cleveland I was bumped out of my reservation at the Embassy Suites and forced to stay at the Red Roof Inn nearby. When I entered the lobby of what I thought was a cheap, low quality hotel I was immediately greeted by a young man and an older gentleman. I was cheerfully greeted and told they were expecting me. WOW! They were expecting me! I wasn't expecting that - they immediately got me checked into my room that they called their Superior King; a modern room with hardwood flooring and upscale fixtures. The bed was more comfortable than many 4 star hotels I've stayed in. I also had a microwave and small refrigerator. Although the facility was older, it had been recently renovated. I loved the fact that the entire hotel is a non-smoking property.
Besides the wonderful room, I have to say the best part of my stay was the staff. I actually declined Embassy's offer to return for my 2nd night - why would I do that? I will now be staying at the Red Roof Inn when I make my quarterly trip to Cleveland! I really felt like they wanted me to be their guest! How often do you get that nowadays?
Thank-you for making me a new customer.
Steven H.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jon B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that we were able to accommodate you. I have shared your remarks with my team and they are happy to hear about your experience. We pride ourselves on providing our guests clean and comfortable room, along with great guest service. I am glad that your experience was a memorable one and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in Cleveland-Independence.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We make frequent trips to Cleveland Clinic. On the first trip, we took a chance on the Red Roof in Independence, OH. We were not disappointed, and stay there every trip since. This clean and spacious hotel is pet friendly (very important to those of us with a service dog), near the Clinic, and most accommodating. Staff is attentive to our special requests, very friendly and helpful regarding locale (like where to eat and how to minimize exposure to traffic jams). We just learned they have special rates for patients at the Clinic, which is an unexpected and delightful bonus. You cannot beat the service, quality, and accommodations at Red Roof Independence for the price. Color us very pleased!

Room Tip: We prefer a business king to have room for a service dog and for the added computer desk. Wi-Fi con...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LuvGlimmerTwins
Thank you for the great comments. We are pleased that we have been able to accommodate you. I have shared your remarks with my team and they are happy to hear about your experience. We do offer special rates for Cleveland Clinic Patients. Please contact us directly to make your reservations at 216-447-0030. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in Cleveland-Independence.