“Love the new look!”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had not stayed at this location for a few years and walked in after a disappointing stay at a competitor neararby. This hotel was perfect for my needs. Recently renovated with hardwood floor, microwaves and mini-fridge, new king size bed and a large flat screen. Besides the coffee in the room there was coffee all the time in the lobby. The room was immaculately clean and the staff were all very nice. During my 4 day stay I think I met most of the staff. Kathi, Tim, Ron and the managers Kurt and John - all top notch! I forgot to pack toothpaste and they had it for me! To top things off the hotel is completely smoke-free and that is awesome. This will once again be my place to stay while in Cleveland. Thank-you ladies and gentlemen.

Room Tip: My room was in the main building and it was facing the city. You can see the downtown skyline from...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thanks for your feedback! We're so glad you liked the new rooms and our smoke-free environment. It's always our goal to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. It was great chatting with you in our lobby each day! We'll look forward to seeing you during your future trips to Cleveland!
Safe travels, Jon

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had a horrible experience at a previous Red Roof out of state and both my Fiancee and I agreed we would never stay at another Red Roof again. Well we came down from NY to see our Knicks play and we thought why not give this newly renovated Red Roof Inn another chance! Rate was great and we couldn't possibly go wrong for a few hours of sleep. Check In was easy and the guy was very friendly (even made a funny joke about our Knicks jerseys) Parking was easy. The Room was beautifully clean! Everything was updated! I have not one complaint about the room! Im glad they made the property smoke free!!! Well right After the Knicks game we received a call from ADT that our home had been broken into! ALL I want to say is thank you to Red Roof for allowing us to get our money back with no hassle and head back to NY. I can`t thank you enough! We will be headed back to Cleveland Next month to see out Knicks play again and I will Staying here agian hopefully for my complete overnight stay this time! Even though we didn't get a chance to sleep on the bed it seemed pretty comfortable. Again Thank you to the night guy who understood our emergency and didn't give us a problem about having to go home to attend to our house! The only complaint I had was the road leading out from the hotel didn't allow you to turn left! I was very confused. BE CAREFUL cause i was pulled over trying to get home ASAP DUE TO MY EMERGENCY after making the illegal Left Turn. Cop was friendly and I know red roof has nothing to do with the turn! JUST need clearer signs! Thanks RED ROOF we will be staying 100% sure in April!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for your kind words about your recent experience in Independence. I'm glad to hear you liked our renovated Next Gen rooms and Smoke-free environment. I'm sorry that you had to rush home but we'll certainly look forward to your return visit in April.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited from Knoxville TN for the Jovi concert in Cleveland and upon arrival I was able to meet Cindy who was super nice and gave lots of visitor info. We purchased two nights but only stayed one. The first night, there was a disturbance due to a couple fighting and it got to the point to where I called the front desk and they did handle the situation. That couple was just loud in general even the next day. The room was nice and they always made sure we had plenty of towels. I would definitely stay again as I realize there is always at least one annoying visitor just about anywhere you go.

Room Tip: You might want to choose the deluxe room in order to get the fridge and microwave as that would have...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay! You're absolutely right about the microwave and refrigerator which is featured in our newly renovated Superior King room, and for those guests needing 2 beds we offer the same in our Deluxe Double rooms. I appreciate your patience and understanding about the noisy guest. We're diligent about monitoring the property to insure all of our guest's get a good night's sleep.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

this is a great place to stay ...nice clean rooms,quiet,nice location,privacy,customer service was great.the lady downstairs."KAITI"was really nice and down to earth.she made us feel rite at home.i will definitely stay there again.the only thing that i can complain about is being a smoker i had to go outside and smoke we wernt aloud 2 smoke in the rooms.so no matter if its business,vacation,or just getting out away from the kids for the night this is a place i would tell people about....John Krall jr.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ClevelandAM, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank-you for sharing your experience with others. We appreciate your kind comments about Kathi, she is a gem! Our entire team takes great pride in our newly renovated rooms and their goal is to insure every guest's complete satisfaction. It's great to hear hat we're achieving that and even exeeding our guest's expectations! See you next time.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We travel to Cleveland periodically for medical treatments at the Cleveland Clinic. We always stay at Red Roof Inn in Independence, OH for two reasons: proximity to the Clinic and a friendly staff. Cindy remembers us and treats us royally.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 6TomP
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank-you for writing a review of your previous stays at Red Roof Inn. We're always glad to hear nice comments like yours about our hotel and the staff.
Wishing you health, Jon and the Independence Team

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My son and I spent one night here recently. We both agreed that it was a great place to stay at a great price! The staff was very friendly, courteous, and professional. Our rooms were attractive, clean, and comfortable, with plenty of pillows, which is important to me. I loved the fact that there were plenty of outlets too! Overall the amenities were very good for the price of the room, however, I would have preferred to have a hair dryer in the room as opposed to having to go to the office for one. The hotel location was great, easy access into and out of the parking lot, close to restaurants and stores. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KSapp011259
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We love to read comments like yours as we strive to provide the cleanest rooms in the area! Many guests like you like the new convenience outlets installed in every nightstand. They are great for charging cell phones, iPods and laptops. Thank you for your kind comments and we'll look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

PRO: Check in was fast & easy, room was clean and recently remodeled with big screen HD TV.
CON: Front desk told me they had to enter the room every 3 days even though I had the "Privacy tab in the door".
I might be moving to another Hotel soon...

Room Tip: In winter ask for a room on the South side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks for writing a review on your recent stay in Cleveland. It's so good to hear your positive comments about our new rooms and the cleanliness. We want to insure all of our guests that their room is maintained to the highest cleaning standards and that is why we needed access to your room. We hope to see you again soon!