“A Good Value in Cleveland, Ohio” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence

Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Good Value in Cleveland, Ohio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Visiting family for Thanksgiving we stayed 2 nights here. The rooms are very nice and priced affordably. We were told they recently renovated their rooms. The best thing was the whole place is smokeless - we like not having to smell second hand smoke odor. Everyone we met at this hotel was also friendly. We'll be back at Christmas and stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room faced north and you could see the downtown skyline; it was very pretty.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay over the Thanksgiving weekend. It's great to hear comments like yours about our new rooms and our eager to please staff. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were so impressed with our stay I want everyone to know about it. When we arrived at Red Roof Inn we were not expecting much. To our surprise we were greeted by an exceptional staff. The front desk girl was incredibly nice. (I wish I would have asked her name) We were then greeted by the manager (Richard) who was so welcoming I wanted to book an extra night.. We were in town to see the Christmas Story House in Cleveland and found the hotel on the Christmas story site by accident. We got the keys to our room with our passes to the house and prepared to find a not so nice room given the price. The minute we opened the door we were quite shocked. Hard word floors big King size bed. Incredibly clean spacious room. I would book this room again and again. Good job to the staff and management team there. And thank you for a such a welcoming comfortable stay at a very affordable price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chatie0911
Thanks for the nice comments about Richard and our staff. It's great to hear that my team took great care of you and you enjoyed the room. So many of our guests rave about the renovation we recently completed and look forward to staying at other renovated locations. I'm glad you took advantage of the Christmas Story package which is a great value. Oh and by the way, my all time favorite Christmas movie!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay there. I caught the room on great sale throught their website and it was well worth it. It REALLY did look like the pic online. It was clean & well heated. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I'll DEFINITELY be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Candice L
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I'm glad you found a great deal on redroof.com. We're always happy to read comments like yours which are an excellent endorsement to our quality and service. Kind regards, Jon
Apollo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have been staying at this red roof since 1997 usually for a week's stay at a time, and it continually gets better.
With the new remodeling it is even more comfortable than before. Always clean. Easy access to the hiways to get me where I need to go. Numerous restaurant choices, most within walking distance. A great view of downtown Cleveland skyline from this property (believe it or not).
Kathi always does a great job at check-in and check out.
A great staff all around.

1 Thank Mike K
Thanks so much for writing a review about our hotel. We appreciate your business over the past 15 years! I'll be sure to share your comments with Kathi and the entire team. See you next time.
Oswego, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

First time at a Red Roof Inn and we loved it! Came to Cleveland for an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic. The hotel was listed on their website and offered a special rate for visitors to the Clinic. The hotel is very conveniently located with easy access to downtown and the Clinic compound. We stayed 3 days and were so impressed with how we were treated . . . like family! This made us feel good during some stressful testing and doctor visits. The rooms in this hotel were recently remodeled and are crisp and modern. We also like the smoke free atmosphere. Our deluxe king room had a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. There is also fresh coffee in the lobby at all hours which we loved being able to stop in for a cup and chat with the staff at the front desk. Restaurants are plentiful within a short walk of the hotel (Bob Evans, Dennys, and a neat little sports bar called the Winking Lizard). My husband has future appointments at the clinic so we will be back.

1 Thank Beth T
Dear "Impressed,"
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your first stay at a Red Roof Inn! We're so glad you chose us. It's nice to read comments like yours as we strive to provide exceptional service and clean, comfortable rooms to every guest. It's pleasing to hear that your experience was enjoyable and that you like our newly renovated rooms. I wish you and your husband good health, and we'll see you on your next visit to the Cleveland Clinic.
Kind regards,
Jon
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

As a frequent visitor to Cleveland working in various areas of the city I have stayed at many higher priced chains and gotten much less. The price was half of the big name hotels. This hotel is recently remodeled and fresh. It is one of the chain's 100% smoke free hotels and I love that. The rooms are modern and spacious with hardwood floors, a wonderful work desk, big flat screen TV and a microwave and refrigerator. The staff is nice, the location is super close to everything. I will make the Red Roof my new stay place when I need to work in Cleveland.

1 Thank Teresa J
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. It's exciting to hear that you will choose our location over the more expensive choices in the area! Our guests really love the newly renovated rooms and the 100% Smoke-free atmosphere. We'll look forward to your next stay with us! Happy travels.
Brookville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I always stay here when in Cleveland and it's always nice. The staff is super, the rooms are clean and the location can't be beat. It's only about a 10 minute drive to downtown and the new casino. I also like the smoke-free atmosphere and the proximity to restaurants. See you in a few months and thank-you!

1 Thank Carl L
Thank-you for your nice comments about your stay and our staff. We do pride ourselves on taking great care of our guests and maintaining our new rooms.