“My home away from home”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Been staying here everytime I work in Cleveland so it's my home while away. I like the new rooms and the people there. They know me by name, are always friendly and welcoming. The room has always been clean and in good condition. I like the fact that it is smoke-free! I also like the nearby Winking Lizard which I can walk to for dinner and a beer. The rooms on the north side have an awesome view of the Cleveland skyline.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank William B
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank-you for writing a review about your experience at our Independence location. I'm so glad my team has helped make you feel at home! We take pride in our new Next Gen rooms and your comments reaffirm our commitment to our guest's needs. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Cleveland!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and would recommend it to anyone. The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. If you need service, they are very willing and easy to work with. It is also nice to have the microwave and refigerator as well as be located next to several dinning facilities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Megan V

We appreciate your kind comments about your experience at Red Roof Independence. It's nice to hear that our staff has taken great care of you during your stays and that you've enjoyed our new rooms. Thanks for writing a review, and we'll look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Okay I get it, it's not the Ritz Carlton but damn really you can't clean the rooms??? Only staying here for a day and choose the hotel because they take pets! Cleanliness IS Not a priority for this hotel! I got my key to the room and went in long enough to change my clothes because I had to be somewhere shortly after arrival. When I went in the bathroom there was hair on the floor and it was human not pet hair... GROSS and DISGUSTING!!! They have no carpets in the rooms and that should make it easier to clean but you can see where they didnt even bother sweeping under the desk. when I was picking up my clothes to go back out to my car I looked down at the bed and noticed that it was stained. I stopped by the front desk and asked that it be changed while I was out. Imagine my surprise when I came back and it still hadn't been done... Hmmmmm so i call the desk again and housekeeping shows up, this chick pulls the bedspread off and the blanket underneath was smudged with black nasties.... That's just DAMN nasty but what's worse is the chick from house keeping said as an excuse for a nasty set of linens... We're short staffed!!! WTF I don't care if this place spoon fed my dog I won't ever come back here....EWWWWW

• Stayed: September 2012

I'm very sorry for the problems you experienced with your room. That is certainly not the norm. We work hard to keep all of our newly renovated rooms well maintained and spotless, and it is disappointing that we fell short of this goal. I hope that you will consider another stay with us the next time you're in Cleveland. Thanks.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a basic motel with easy access to a main highway into Cleveland (about 10 miles to downtown). It is newly renovated with nice engineered wood floors. The room was very clean, and the bed comfortable. The fridge and microwave were handy to have, as was the in room safe. Good free wireless internet. As a basic motel, the walls are very thin, and any noise right outside the room are clearly heard in the room. Also, the room air conditioner is rather loud. There are many places to eat nearby. All in all, a more than adequate place for a short stay.

Check into the special this hotel has that includes two tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in addition to a room stay for less than $100.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank-you so much for writing a review about your recent trip to Cleveland. We love hearing our guest's positive comments about our newly renovated hotel. Red Roof Inn's renovations are taking place in cities all across the country! We hope you'll look for the new and fresh 100% Smoke-free locations wherever your travels take you.

Our guests will agree that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame package is the best value in town; and our location offers easy access to many other attractions as well.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hotel has been revamped which is nice if your looking for a cheap place to stay. A lot better then they use to be. If i were in on business this could be a great place to stay. They have free wireless. The thing that sucks is i stayed her with my fiance and lucky we brought her blow dryer. This and an ironing board and iron, normally stocked in all hotel rooms, is missing from the rooms. You can call the front desk and ask for one, but be warned, not the best. My TV remote didn't work for ppv movies. Called front desk to get it fixed, they didn't fix it. I didn't bother we were only there for 2 days. Free coffee isn't to bad. All around i'd day its not bad for the price, 25 more a night might get you more amenities which could be worth in in the long run, vs running to local stores to get a new iron ext....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thanks for writing a review. I'm so glad to read that you like our newly renovated rooms. This is a new brand-wide initiative at Red Roof. Check out more renovated locations in Canton, Ohio, Erie, PA, and many other cities across the country!
We're in the process of evaluating our amenities and plan to add more very soon. As always, we have everything available at the front desk from hairdryers and irons to playing cards and board games. See you next time!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have occasionally stayed at Red Roof Inns with some of them being good and others not so good. We found this one to be updated, clean, and comfortable--albeit a little spartan compared to other hotels, it was just fine for one night. However, we were awakened in the middle of the night by revelers who thought everyone wanted to hear their music played loudly at 3 a.m.! It took several verbal complaints by us and calls to the office to get them quiet. I don't know why the police weren't contacted frankly. This is not the first time that we've experienced noisy guests at a Red Roof Inn, so I'll be wary of booking one again. Other than that, it was a fine hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your stay this past weekend. I'm so glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable, and that you like our renovated rooms. I am truly sorry for the noise caused by another guest. Please accept my apologies for my staff's delay in resolving it quickly. If your travels bring you back to Cleveland, we hope that you'll give us another opportunity to provide you a comfortable and restful stay. Thank-you for choosing Red Roof.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The stay was great. The General Manager, Richard Mollisson, was very accomodating. I especially liked the service and would definitely visit there again.The restaurants around the area were very good and this location is very easy to get to. I would recommmend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thanks so much for writing a review. It's great to read that Richard was very accomodating!
Thank you for recognizing his commitment. I've known him several years and agree that he treats our guests like family, and really sets the tone for our entire hotel team. We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you're in Cleveland!