“Nice new rooms”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice new rooms”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Just remolded. Clean rooms with large flat screens

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ohiobill2250

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Marion, Ohio
Reviewed March 4, 2012

If your looking for a safe, clean room this is a find... stayed here for 6 nights Friday and Saturday were a little noisy Staff was nice. The rate I received was very very good...under $60.. If your looking for a bed and a shower this inn will work....... there are many good place in the area to eat. the rooms have hard wood floor with a rug under the bed....flat screen tv's...nothing fancy .....I would stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tig2811
Dundee, Illinois
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I came to area last minute without a reservation - not how I usually travel. I checked into the Red Roof Inn of Independence. I was pleasantly surprised by everything about my stay! It turned out to be a very convenient location and the area felt safe for travelers.
Every time I encountered a member of the staff, they were cheerful and friendly and I felt welcomed. I have stayed at 3 and 4 stars hotels whose staffs could all take lessons from this hotel's staff. A great staff says a lot about the management and company.
The room was also a surprise. The rooms were modern and (most important to me) very clean. I will definately stay here when I return this area and will use Red Roof Inns in other cities, too. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank janet c
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stay at this hotel often. The service is always good. A special thanks to Michelle and Cindy. They are really nice.
The new look rooms look nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lee C
Brookville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This was our second stay here and we loved it even more than the first time. They just remodeled the hotel and made it all smoke-free. As non-smokers we really appreciate that. The rooms are modern, neat and clean with hardwood floors and flat panel TV. Our room also had a little refrigerator and a microwave in it. The manager recommended the Winking Lizard for dinner and it was fantastic. You can walk right across the street to eat and drink there. Ask for a super king room. We'll be back again when we come back to Cleveland!

Room Tip: the super king room was very nice for us
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed January 27, 2012

great for the price I paid around 50 bucks with Tax.Really buisness friendly and superior king rooms are great !this is equivalent to 3 + stars !

only thing was missing was hair dryer which I got upon request and NO Breakfast !

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We were traveling through the Cleveland area and just needed a place to crash for the night. We picked this place because it was a reasonable price and it had decent ratings.

The room we got was the one on the same building as the main office, but complete opposite end. The bed looked new and was comfortable. The room seemed to be recently renovated with wood floors and tha bathroom had a high shower -- perfect for my tall husband. Staff were also very friendly checking in and checking out.

Issues we have were: (1) no wifi from our room (manager advised that they were installing a new one that would extend to this room); and (2) heater took a while to warm up, but still comfortable for the night. Not a problem with the room, but through our booking agent, but when we got in there was a sign stating "Any Room $49 per night". Our online booking agent charged us about $10 more.

Room Tip: If you need WiFi, ask for a room in the center of the building.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple