“Your typical Holiday Inn...”

Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stayed here one night on our way back home from a weekend of seeing ballgames. Hotel is recently renovated, rooms are in good condition but it's like all the other Holiday Inn's I have stayed at. Staff was not very welcoming which put a damper on things, but overall it was a decent stay. Would I stay here again? Debatable.....

• Stayed: August 2010
theresagio, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence.
We are glad that you enjoyed our wonderful accommodations during your recent stay with us.
Sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations regarding service, as this is our main priority with all guests. We strive to provide excellent service and we will use this review to further improve in the future.
We hope that you reconsider and stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

The Holiday Inn was very nice and very busy. The staff kept up with everything!
The pool area is very nice. The rooms are normal, H.I. rooms with nice beds and a flat screen TV.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom43302
theresagio, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Tom,
Thanks for posting the review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Independence.
I appreciate you taking the time to post your positive comments regarding our wonderful staff and excellent accommodations.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2010

There is a lot to like about this hotel, but also a few things that are not to like, so I think an old-fashioned pro-con list would work best.

Pros:
- Good location, right off the highway, surrounded by other hotels, stores and restaurants.
- Hotel has a nice lobby (with flat-screen TV), as well as a restaurant and coffee cart.
- Room service (breakfast) was good and reasonably priced.
- Free wireless (average quality)

Cons:
- While the room was fine for the most part, there were signs of wear that were unpleasant. The toilet seat was loose and a bit beaten up. There was mildew all around the soap holder in the shower. The back of the bathroom door was a bit beaten up.
- We were repeatedly awakened by the sound of footsteps running in the hallway and doors slamming shut. While it was not the hotel's fault that there seemed to be several kids' athletic teams staying in the hotel (and running wild the way kids do), it is part of the hotel that the noise in the hallways is so easily heard in the rooms. The result was that we did not get restful nights of sleep due to the noise.

The bottom line is that while I would be fine staying at this hotel again, I would also be open to trying one of the many, many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
theresagio, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2010

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and we are even more appreciative of the areas where we fell a little short during your stay.
We value feedback from our guests and use this information to see what is working well, and see where we can improve in the future.
We hope that you stay with us again if your travel brings you back to this area.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

Very nice hotel - especially for the price. The bed and pillows were super comfortable. Free internet in the room. Stayed at the property because I had a meeting there for several days.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thanks for your review of the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel was well-suited for your travel needs. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 16, 2010

This was my first time staying at this Holiday Inn. I knew that it was an older property and was a little concerned about that but those concerns quickly disappeared. I had a very confortable room and it was cleaned and prepared extremely well. All of the staff I encountered went out of their way to be sure I was satisfied with my stay. The breakfast was excellent. I didnt eat any other meals there as there I opted for one of the nearby restaurants for dinner. I would definately stay here again and recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence. So glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the kind words regarding our accommodations at the hotel.
Thank you for highlighting our staff as it nice to see their efforts mentioned in your review.
Again, thank you for sharing your review here and we look forward to saying hello to you again the next time you are in the Cleveland area.

Reviewed March 15, 2010

This was my first time to the Cleveland area and I was very apprehensive about staying at the Holiday Inn wafter seeing the pictures that are currently their website. The rooms looked completely outdated online. A friend recommended the hotel and assured me that it was nice. He was not wrong. My room was updated from bed linen, to curtains, flat screen tv, nice bathroom decor, the works. The staff was very nice and there was a club in the hotel where we went to unwind and had a great time. We went to breakfast in the hotel which had a buffet or you could order from the menu. I ordered pancakes from the menu and boy were they fluffy and hot. A first for me when ordering pancakes at a hotel restaurant. Overall, we had a great hotel stay at the Holiday Inn. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
theresagio, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2010

So happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time at the Holiday Inn Independence hotel. It is always nice for us to hear the experiences of our guests, so we appreciate that you took the time to write a review.
We are glad that you enjoyed our restaurant and lounge, as well as our wonderful guest rooms and friendly staff!
We are currently in the process of revising our website to reflect our newly renovated property.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you find yourself back in the area. We appreciate all of your compliments and will look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 19, 2009

If you don't mind driving into Cleveland for the game, Rock and Roll, etc. then this is a pretty good place to stay. Renovations almost done-only the bathrooms in the lobby were not finished. Rooms were clean and nice, free internet, friendly staff, etc. Did not dine in hotel. Outback, Bob Evans, etc. within walking distance.
Nightclub was very active on the Thurs and Fri night. Interesting crowd on Friday night .
I would look for a place in the City but if you need to stay in Independence this place is not bad.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business