I agree with the rest of the reviews... pretty much sums it all up. Hotel location easily accessible Interstate 77; within 20 minutes to Cleveland. Lots of hotels and restaurants along busy Rockside Road. This is a huge Holiday Inn with multiple conference and banquet facilities. Free parking is all you get. No fridge, no microwave, no free breakfast (go to Holiday Inn Express for those). Buffet breakfast is basic bacon, sausage, eggs, bread, fresh fruits. Pay extra for pancakes/waffles on the menu. Denny's and Bob Evans across the street if you choose not to eat here. The rooms are decent and clean with slow wi-fi and flat screen tv with 47 free channels. Bed is comfy and linens/towels are crisp clean. There is no bathroom exhaust and the windows don't open, so after all that initial febreeze-smelling-scent disappears when you first walk-in to your room, the following day of your stay the room smells somewhat funky (thus, moldy). We stayed on a busy hockey weekend and you can hear them loud at the lobby from the second floor rooms. Don't let the front desk clerk dissuade you from choosing another room on a higher floor. Big swimming pool super packed with kids (thus, maximum chlorine). They come out wet and dripping on marble floors by the elevators (caution slippery). Staff is courteous and helpful. Overall, I'd give it an average to above-average. The hotel suits business travellers best. Next time in the area though, I'd try another hotel equipped with microwave/fridge specially when travelling with family/kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The strategic location of this Cleveland area hotel, the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence provides easy access to such downtown attractions as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, and Playhouse Square.At the crossroads of Cleveland's primary arteries; I-77 and I-480, our hotel is just 12 miles from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. The hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle service from 6 AM to 11 PM daily.Guests will enjoy our complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access, an indoor pool, sauna, and fitness center. Michael's Grille restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Enjoy dancing the night away in our high energy lounge with live entertainment Tuesday - Saturday in Impulse Lounge. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting space, our Cleveland area hotel is ideal for your next event be it a corporate meeting, convention, wedding, business dinner, or family reunion.For our Priority Club Members, ask about our newly renovated Priority Club Floor with key accessed lounge serving Continental breakfast, snacks and soft drinks. The lounge also offers a computer with Internet access. Whether travelling on business or pleasure, make the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence your home away from home!The hotel is currently undergoing renovations of the lobby, guest lobby, and conference rooms! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence Hotel Independence
- Holiday Inn Independence
- Independence Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence Ohio