“Good stay with a couple of hiccups”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Very fast check in and very professional front desk staff.
I booked the room online through HHonors account and had ordered some extra amenities to be delivered to the room along with some roses and chocolate covered strawberries as a surprise for my wife. I listed my arrival time at 4 pm but actually got there at 530ish. Once I got to the room none of the amenities or the roses or strawberries had been delivered as they should have been. I called the front desk about it and they apologized and sent them up later, which at that point the surprise was ruined. Only other complaint was the fridge had a bad seal And would not close correctly.
I would stay here again though. We had a pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Michael K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for the comments on your recent stay, it is with the feedback of our guests that we will continue to improve both our property and the services that we provide. We love to hear the nice things that people say about our staff, and each and every employee, appreciates your comments. Every member of our staff strives to exceed each guests expectations and it means alot to know we met yours.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting. My colleagues and I immediately regretted this booking. I can't even describe the musty smell of the room. It smelled like a dirty urinal. My room came complete with a massive clump of hair in the bathroom. The hotel staff were friendly. The hallways and stairs smelled like smoke. Facility is older, and needs to be 1) renovated 2) demolished or 3) have the Hilton name removed. Just gross. I would have rather camped.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,
Thank you for the comments on your recent stay, it is with the feedback of our guests that we will continue to improve both our property and the services that we provide. While we did not meet your expectations we take all input very seriously, I only wish we had the opportunity to meet while you were here, so that I or one of our staff could have been given the chance to correct any shortcomings of your stay.
We do appreciate your business and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'll give the fire alarm at 2:30 am a pass, guest fault. Maid service 1st night was bad, left a half empty water bottle with a full one as complimentary. Also one 1 set of towels. The next day all was good, even without having a chance to comment on it to the desk. It fixed itself.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

thank you very much for the review, we appreciate the feedback both the positive and constructive. Both makes us better and pushes us to the consistentcy we are both looking for.
Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Clean and quiet room! We were greated with fast and easy check-in and warm cookie to boot! We stayed on the Executive Floor and the local was easily accessable as well as amazing view of the city. Parking was perfect and breakfast was amazing including an omelet bar and waffle bar. More options and the nicest service! Check-out was fast and the environment was friendly and safe. A must return to hotel for sure!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Have stayed here on multiple occasions and haven't been disappointed. Excellent and friendly staff, very clean rooms, and an outstanding breakfast. Reasonable rates for the quality of service and room. Two minutes from Catholic Church and about ten from the city. Well worth it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2013

we have been staying here before flying our of cleveland airport for years with no problems until this time. i alwaus call the hotel direct before booking to verify about the free airport shuttle(although they don't offer service on weekends, no problem,someones always here to take you). after checking in the new receptionist bluntly told us NO AIRPORT SHUTTLE for our morning flight. nor was she willing to assist us. i told here about the embasssy suites(1 mile away), ususlly has free shuttle on weekends,could she have them pick us up or exchange our rooms. she said YOU CALL THEM! after loosing my cool she called,of course with no effert and got no results. i then demanded the mgr. who after making a few calls arranged transportation the next morning and assured us on our return there would be no problems. wrong! had to call the hotel 3 times and finally had to get the mgr. again to come pick us up at the airport. they need to communicate within and quit promising loyal hilton travelers what they offer and have us begging for services offered.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel was about average. The rooms were a little old. The location was good. The front desk was very nice. At one point I did return to my room and found that I no longer had a TV. But a man quickly entered to tell me they were replacing it. When I return for my next trip I wouldn't say that I would pick it, but would probably try another place nearby to compare. This was my first trip to the area. But I wouldn't say "don't" stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay, we much appreciate the comments. While we hope you choose to stay with us, the next time you are in the area. Feel free to stop for one of our cookies, and some of our warm hospitality that we love to give. Thank you again for staying with us.