DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Good:
-Welcome cookies
-Coffee Bean® Coffee and Tea
-Crabtree and Evelyn bath products
-Close to highway & downtown
-Free Parking and Plenty of Parking Spaces
-Comfy Bed
-Quick Chek-in and out

Bad:
-Water temperature keep changing if someone else near your unit uses at the same time
-When you turn off A/C, room smells bad. we had to turn on the A/C whole night even though it was cold.

We used priceline bidding, so overall it was good stay with my bidding price.

Room Tip: Do not stay backward rooms on first floor. They are very close to Conference Rooms which offers part...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SamYDanK
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence

Reviewed September 4, 2013

overall my stay was ok just would have expected a little more for the price. No activities for kids like I keep reading about and nobody helped with our luggage. If I'm paying $100+ a night for a hotel I think someone should at least help carry in our luggage. Location is not far from all main attractions. Restaurant/bar downstairs is really nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a friend visiting from out of town for the weekend and we stayed here. Hotel rooms were tight due to senior olympics. We were supposed to have a two room suite. She was rather disappointed when we found out it was a regular room on the executive floor. They did give us one night free so can't complain too much.

Overall a nice hotel in a nice setting away from the main road. They do have a free airport shuttle and will also take you within 5 miles of the hotel, if available. There are a few restaurants within walking distance - Winking Lizard and Melt Bar and Grilled. We only ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant (Don Shula's) , which was pretty good. I would also recommend the Oak Barrel on Canal Rd, a few miles away. Awesome food! They have a new chef and he is outstanding. The decor isn't that great but the food ...........!

Cuyahoga National Park is about a mile and a half from the hotel if you like the outdoors. Downtown Cleveland is a 15 minute drive down I77 with the Rock & Roll HOF, etc.

I would stay here again. It's a good hotel in its price range and conveniently located to both east and west Cleveland. Right off the freeway.

The swimming pool was cold, too cold for me. The hot tub was very heavily chlorinated. It seemed like they needed to empty, clean and refill.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here previously (the year before) and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a Hilton. From the quality of service to the maintenance of the hotel itself, it was impeccable. However, I stayed here again this year at the end of August, and it has become now the worst experience I have ever had at a Hilton, or any other hotel for that matter. From severe lack of helpful service, to poor cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel itself, it seems that all the wonderful, helpful staff have been replaced with inexperienced and unhelpful staff, and the once beautiful hotel is not being properly taken care of. After this year's stay, I have no intentions of returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for the comments on your recent stay, it is with the feedback of our guests that we will continue to improve both our property and the services that we provide. While we did not meet your expectations we take all input very seriously, I only wish we had the opportunity to meet while you were here, so that I or one of our staff could have been given the chance to correct any shortcomings of your stay.
We do appreciate your business and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Mike Kelly

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The staff at this hotel were very attentive and professional. they gave me a very tasty chocolate chip and walnut cookie at check in. This is a older hotel that was upgraded and remodeled well. You will melt away in the bed, its just that comfortable. I was weary to stay at this hotel because they had a bedbug report on the bedbug registry over a year ago. However there where NO SIGNS of bedbugs and I CHECKED BELIEVE ME I CHECKED. The mattresses were snow white and appeared to be new. The linen was clean and fresh. The bathroom was clean and there were plenty of towels. A few minor things the closet door in my room was old and needed to be replaced as it often jammed when I opened it. The elevators were old and you could tell they were old. The room service prices were high but typical for any hotel room service prices. The curtains in my room had a small tear in them. My only regretted was not asking for more cookies at check in.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hotel was generally clean and safe. Staff was very courteous and friendly. The restaurant was Shula's, the steakhouse. The staff was very good and attentive to detail. Breakfast staff very good as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2013

staff was nice and pleasant, room was clean and comfort. for the price, it was an excellent hotel to stay. the hotel's location isn't great, but if with a car, the highway is around, and easy to get around in Cleveland.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business