The hotel is in a prime location for Cleveland without being IN Cleveland. However, that is about the only thing really going for it. The hotel itself is in mediocre to average condition, surprising for being a Hilton-branded hotel. Things are very dated and some things are actually kind of shabby. The food quality at Shula II's is mediocre, at best. The wait staff is rude (when my coworker and I went down for breakfast the first morning of three we would be dining there, the hostess looked at us and pointed to a table and said, "Y'all can sit right there."). The hot water comes and goes while in the shower - I had to crank it all the way up as hot as it would go in order to keep from freezing, then it would get scalding hot, then back to medium hot again. The microwave in my room had to be slammed shut in order to work, otherwise I kept getting a message on it that said, "DOOR," indicating it wasn't latched. The tub was dirty from the time I arrived to the time I left. The desk was placed in a position that had no outlet near it to plug in my laptop computer, so I had to sit on the couch and use the coffee table as a desk - incredibly uncomfortable. I mean, if you're not going to place the desk near an open outlet, what good is the desk except to write a note to someone, and who really does this? The elevator by my room had a horrible smell in it. The television when turned on defaulted back to the half-way point, which is exceedingly loud, which was VERY annoying. It would then take the television around a minute and a half to respond to button presses from the remote. The carpet in the room was dilapidated.
Now for the good. The bed was super-comfy. My HVAC worked really well, despite another reviewer's issue. The location of the hotel is ideal for those of us having business to conduct in Cleveland, but is far enough away from it to not be close to the crime and riff-raff.
I will stay here again just for the location alone - but as an overall experience for quality, customer service, value for the money, etc., you will probably be disappointed if you are experienced with other Hilton hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy our famous DoubleTree warm chocolate chip cookie upon entering our hotel. You'll be within reach of downtown Cleveland and Hopkins International Airport making it easy for guests to travel here for your next corporate event or wedding hosted in our flexible event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Cleveland South Hotel Independence
- Doubletree Hotel Independence
- Doubletree Independence
- Independence Doubletree
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence Ohio