DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Canton, Ohio, United States
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Clean room with no visible flaws. Showers were really nice. The staff was super helpful in getting anything you need and of course they give you amazing warm cookies upon check in. The pool was nice even though it is a bummer that it closes at 11 pm because on the weekends it would've been nice to swim late.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Staff was friendly and the room clean. Could not dial out on the phone and the tub would not drain. Despite repeated requests to get these issues resolved, nothing was done. Crossing it off my list of places to stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

The hotel is quite nice. It is a short drive (20 min) to Cleveland downtown. However, the service was rather poor. Plus there is nothing really around in that area. The room was ok and clean. In Cleveland you should visit the Rock Museum.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Anthony S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I do apologize if you feel that the service at our hotel was not what you expected. Here at the DoubleTree Cleveland South we pride ourselves on being the best in customer service, so If you can be more specific it would really help me to penpoint the areas that we need to work on. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and if possible please feel free to email @ Anthony.Scott3@hilton.com with any suggestions or concerns. Thank you and have a great day!
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

wonderful experience with this hotel. was there with a group for my son's hockey team. staff was helpful and friendly! the cookies are always a favorite for our kids.
the only problem we had was they sent us to a room that was not cleaned yet. But when we called down, they had someone bring keys to us for another room within 2 minutes.
awesome experience. we had a good time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I came here for a hockey tournament with my children for the weekend of January 18-21, and I must say I we were very pleased with our stay. Everything from the breakfast to the location of the ice rinks where the kids played at were all in convenient locations. The only thing I found (which wasn't even that bad) was that the hotel could use some more staff on such a busy weekend like ours. Friday night was a bit noisy, so I called down and they said they would send security up. Not even 2 minutes later the security guard came up to the floor and the noise level diminished. I really appreciated that. Later that night I did need a few towels and called down to the front desk. Once again, within a few minutes I see the same security gentleman delivering me towels and blankets to my room. Wow! I must say he is one of the most polite and professional people I have dealt with! A very courteous gentleman. Apparently they must have had security doing double duty or something and the whole time he had a smile on his face. I asked his name and he said Emery and told him I appreciate what he was doing to go out of the way to fetch me towels and blankets. (I must add that the rest of the staff were just as friendly). I will say that everyone's positive attitude, especially Emery's will keep me coming back if I'm ever in the area.

Room Tip: Convenient location and awesome Security !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I reserved a room about 3 weeks in advance. I was promised a room in the newly updated section with a single king bed. What I got was a room with two double beds in the old outdated section. When I asked about this they said “we are sold out in the new section and a king is not available”. This was not what I bargained for.

I had asked about where the Bonefish Grill was in relation to the hotel. When I reserved they said it was right across the street. The street turned out to be a four lane major road with about a thousand cars a day going by. There was also a hill down to the big road at about a 20 degree slope. I walk with a cane, I was counting on the close proximity of the restaurant so I could go to my business dinner. I had to drive, the restaurant was all the way up by the freeway, it was about a 5 minute drive. If I had walked it would have been an hour if I made it at all.

The room was dark but I think it was clean. It was hard to tell in the dark. The carpets are very worn and very old. You can get hot water but you have to wait a while. The fridge did work and it had a nice TV. The heater in the room was hard to control, when it ran you died from the heat, when it didn’t you shivered waiting for it to start again. The heat/no heat cost me a couple hours of sleep. There is a serious lack of electrical outlets. I only found one I could use. I went searching for more with a flashlight looking behind furniture but found nothing. The room just was not very business traveler friendly.

The big plus to this restaurant was breakfast. A great buffet, omelets made to order, very good.

Maybe I can stay in the big new hotel one their competitors have across the big road nest time. I could go here for breakfast.

Room Tip: go elsewhere!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Anthony S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments and responses to our site. I do apologize if the restaurant wasn't as close as you would like. Also I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room . Point well taken and will we be workingto improve our guest suites. Have a great day!
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel had good Arena ,
The rooms were Clean, Breakfast was served complimentary was average
The heating was ok
They had indoor swimming pool which was fun !
The area has lot of good restaurants in the vicinity

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo