“Delicious Sandwich”

Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Independence
Alton, Illinois
“Delicious Sandwich”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

There are a lot of good looking restaurants in the area but I was looking for something to bring back to my hotel so a sandwich sounded perfect, and it was. The bread, which can make or break a sandwich more than anything, was wonderful. Everything seemed to be high quality. On top of your typical chips they also have potato salad and pasta salad for sides. The cookies are big and soft in zip top bags. It all has a hint of a potluck or bake sale that makes this sandwich place feel a bit more homey than others.

Macedonia, Ohio
“The Best Service And The Best Sandwich I Ever Had”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

It was the first time I tried Dibella's Old Fashioned Subs but it will not be the last. I was unsure of my options but sandwich maker Nick was patient with me and explained everything. He convinced me to upgrade a bit and get the exact sandwich I really wanted. I can't believe how good it was. His helpers Justine and Nate also helped create wonders for my group. I also got a drink and cookie and I had a full meal and "desert" for about $10.00 per person for my group.. We sat and spent some quality time enjoying super food after great service. The place was spotless and the restroom reminded me of the kind in use when I was much younger. All in all I had one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long time. The food tasted better than some of my meals in much fancier places. I would hire Nick away if I had a restaurant of my own, as he really went above and beyond helping me and my friends. Thanks!

• Visited April 2014
Medina, Ohio
“Unbelievable Sub!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I'll admit it, we didn't know what to expect. It was a cold, dark, and late December night. After a long day we were hungry, tired and willing to try just about anything. Immediately I loved the layout and retro décor of Dibellas. As we waited we read the menu and experienced the big band music in the background.

I ordered the cheesesteak and husband ordered the chicken buffalo sub from the very helpful cook. After paying we slid into a very cool black and white old style booth. Our subs took 14 minutes but, it gave us time to sip some sodas and look at all the neon signs..very clean beverage bar by the way.

The subs...wow! Hot and fresh and the best wheat bread I've ever had - soft and warm. We ate what we could but, took must of our subs home.

Anddd, very clean restroom facilities.

Thx Dibellas! I WILL be back very, very soon.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great discovery”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Went here as couldn't find the subway. So glad we did, food was fresh, plentiful. Service was quick and friendly. Could not find anything to fault.

Visited October 2013