“good service”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Outback Steakhouse and Bonefish Grill restaurants are on opposite sides of the building.
Reviewed May 1, 2018

My husband and I met friends for dinner here. We had no wait for seating even tho it was Saturday dinner, which was very nice. Our drink order was taken promptly and served promptly. The server was ready for our order but we weren't so she gave us plenty more time to choose and watched to see when we were ready. I ordered the salad and the steak and lobster with a loaded baked potato. A real splurge for me both money and calorie-wise. I wanted my steak medium rare and it was!! Delicious. The lobster was also very good, not dried out as it sometimes can be. One of our husbands ordered steak and the other alice springs chicken. Both said they were delicious. But when it came to my friend who ordered the steak and shrimp...the shrimp were good but the steak looked like the middle section was made from grit. She is not one to complain so she wouldn't send it back. She took it home, I suppose for her dog. I wish the server would have paid better attention as to how her plate looked as it was not appealing to begin with. With drinks, tax and tips the bill came to about $100. Not inexpensive but worth the splurge every once in a while.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Four of us went here for a late lunch. They are a bit overwhelmed as they didn't expect the crowd and it took awhile to be seated. The server was very nice! All of us enjoyed our meals. I had teh Salmon plate which was cooked perfectly. Others had Wedge Salads, and various appetizers. They all enjoyed their meals

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Our family visited this establishment again and it was great once again! Steaks were done properly & the service excellent! The dining area was a bit chilly though.

Reviewed January 20, 2018

I only gave this restaurant 4 stars because of the slow service we received. It wasn't particularly crowded so it shouldn't have taken so long to get our food. We have been to other Outback's and service was great. Perhaps they had new staff or our waiter was new. I will give them that benefit of the doubt. Overall the food was great, prices what you would expect at a steakhouse.

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

We had a gift card so we figured we would stop by on a Sunday evening. The restaurant wasn’t very crowded and we were seated right away. Drinks and the loaf of bread arrived soon after we ordered. The side salad was a decent size. My prime rib was not seasoned well and lacked taste. The steak and mashed potatoes arrived on a small plate that was not big enough. We did not order desert.