“Blah...”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Outback Steakhouse and Bonefish Grill restaurants are on opposite sides of the building.
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

We had a gift card so we figured we would stop by on a Sunday evening. The restaurant wasn’t very crowded and we were seated right away. Drinks and the loaf of bread arrived soon after we ordered. The side salad was a decent size. My prime rib was not seasoned well and lacked taste. The steak and mashed potatoes arrived on a small plate that was not big enough. We did not order desert.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Enjoyed our meal and drinks. The waiter was knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. We both ordered the ribs and they were great, except the BBQ sauce was too hot for my palate.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

I dined solo here, getting right in at 6pm on a Thursday night. I sat at a booth in the bar. I liked that it was somewhat secluded with no worries of being gawked at by everyone. The place was clean and professional, like you would expect of a reputable chain steakhouse.

My ribeye steak was cooked perfectly. While not prime beef, the steak was still tender, juicy, and flavorful.

The "Aussie Fries" were nothing special and somewhat disappointing. In retrospect, I should've tried a different potato.

A waitress trainee handled my order under the supervision of a veteran. They were prompt and efficient, and near the end of my meal, the manager stopped by to make sure that the food and service were excellent. And they were.

In short, this is a well-managed restaurant and a good place for a decent, reasonably priced steak.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

My husband and I had lunch here one day we ordered a blooming onion for an appetizer and we both ordered large steaks with some extra sides. The server was prompt and courteous and the food was very good and we only spent approximately $60 total which I felt was very reasonable for the amount of food we got. When we were there the restaurant was very quiet and clean. I am also on a low-carb low sugar diet currently and I had no problem finding food items on their nutritional menu that were within my guidelines.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

My King-Husband and I were up in the area for a family reunion. We ate there on a Thursday evening, the food and service was awesome! We will be back.