“Drive up with Nike's”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Outback Steakhouse and Bonefish Grill restaurants are on opposite sides of the building.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am staying at the hotel across the street so I order take out. The staff at the take out are always friendly make sure the order is correct.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Outback has great specials. we went for the steak and lobster just this past week, and it was great! the wood fired steaks are awesome.....

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've been to the Outback Steakhouse before, and I have always received good service and good food for this level of restaurant, however, my most recent visit was a major dissappointment. I ordered the ribeye, medium rare, fire roasted.What I got was a medium well done steak that tasted like a slab of salt. The salty taste was overpowering. My business partner had exactly the same comment as his steak had the same issues.

We had the server replace the steaks, and the replacement ones were cooked to order, however they were still overly salty.

To the powers that be at Outback, steak spice is supposed to have spices in it, not 99% salt. They are supposed to enhance the flavor of the meat, not overpower it. The flavor of the meat was destroyed by the 'steak spices'.

I also had the french onion soup, which had a distinct lack of onions in it, and the hot chicken wings, which were done differently than I was expecting, but I quite enjoyed.

Unfortunately, the Outback Steakhouse is not on my list of restaiurants to visit again anytime soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I attended a Social Event here, and I had a great time!!! I have always been a big fan of Outback Steakhouse, so needless to say, I enjoyed everything!

The complimentary Crisp Red Apple Martini and Sauza Gold Coast Rita drinks I had were spectacular! And they were the perfect compliment to the great new $4.00 "Bar Food" appetizer dishes we sampled.

We had the opportunity to taste test: Coconut Shrimp with Creole Marmalade; Margarita Flatbread Pizza topped with Monterey Jack, parmesan, tomato, basil, and balsamic reduced glaze; Homemade BBQ Chips with jalapeño ranch sauce; Bloomin' Onion Petals with spicy Signature Bloom Sauce; Chicken Artichoke Flatbread with wood fire grilled chicken, spinach, artichokes and parmesan; Bushman 'Shrooms batter fried with spicy ranch sauce; and Short Rib Steakhouse Nachos (kettle chips topped with BBQ seasoning, cheddar sauce and short rib).

My favorite samples were the Coconut Shrimp, the Bloomin' Onion Petals (my all-time Outback favorite) and the Margarita Flatbread Pizza.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

food was good! no issues there and the price was great! There is more to Outback than just steaks! I had a toddler with me and the staff were quite accommodating.